Deep pink blushes

Song » Boardwalks by Little May

"How's the day going for so far?" Victor asked when they stood behind the bar. Victor was ready to take over Liv's shift.

Liv softly smiled. "Mwah, we had busier days. It was hectic this morning with take away, but for so far it is quiet," she informed Victor. The door opened, and Liv's eyes looked at right away. For the past five minutes, she was watching every person closely to see if it was Lando. And this time it was Lando who entered the cafe. A smile grew on her face. "But I expect a busy time in thirty minutes; work meeting, late lunches, students." She could feel her cheeks heating up.

"Hmm-hmm. Any special guests?" Victor asked and let his eyes glance over the tables.

Liv took off her apron. "We have Betty and William at table six," she said and nodded at the regular costumers. "And the rest is new, at least, they are not familiar to me." She shrugged. "Everything is going fine, nothing special. Arthur will be here around two, Marie will take over Quinty at two, and that's everything for today."

Victor rolled up the sleeves of his white shirt. His eyes fell on Lando, and he gave his costumers smile. "Hey, can I help you?"

Lando looked at Liv, who smiled playfully. "I'm here for Liv, actually." Victor had a look at Liv as well and nodded impressed.

"Yes, that makes me leave. Is there anything else you need to know for now?" Liv asked Victor and walked to the other side of the bar. Victor shook his head. "Then I am out of here. I will get my stuff," she told Lando and walked to the private space.

Liv opened her locker and grabbed her bag. Lando texted her to wear comfortable clothes and bring an extra pair of dry clothes. She changed her jeans and white shirt to denim shorts and a blue with white striped summer blouse. With that being done, she stuffed her clothes back into her bag, and had one last look in the mirror. Isabelle decided Liv needed to wear this outfit; it is cute, she said. She deeply breath in and walked to the cafe area.

Lando locked his eyes with Liv's and a smile grew on his face. "Hey," he smiled. "Ready to go?"

"Hey," she said and nodded. They walked towards the exit. "See you, Vic!" Her eyes made contact with Victor, and she gave him a nod. He gave her a wink and focused on the coffee. She opened the door and looked behind her if Lando was walking behind her, he placed his hand on her lower back. She bit her lip to hide the enormous smile what was forming on her lips. "Thanks again for rescheduling it to Monday," she told him.

"Monday was better, after all. My flight got scheduled to tomorrow. Plus I got to see you a day earlier."

The warm sun was touching their skin. This was one of those days it didn't rain or when it wasn't cloudy in England. Even though it was early in the noon and a Monday, people were happily walking around, cycling, kids were playing outside. Yup, it was finally summer. It gave Liv a happy feeling.

"To Germany, right?"

Lando nodded. "Hockenheim."

"Ah, nice," she nodded. "Is that a nice track or a mwah track?"

"I really like the track, I enjoy to race at Hockenheim. Sadly I didn't race there last year, only did some hot laps, so I'm looking forward to getting there," he told her and looked at her for her reaction.

"Ah, das ist nett." Her eyes found Lando's. "Or schön. I don't know what the right word is," she said and laughed. "I believe it is nett."

"I can't answer that. I don't speak German," he chuckled. "What did you say?"

"That is nice, I guess? I had it for a few years at school, but I don't know German at all." Her hand ran through her hair. "But what are we going to do?" She changed the subject. Lando noticed the deep pink blushes on her cheeks again.

"I'm not sharing everything with you," he said and raised his eyebrow playfully. He opened the door of his car. "But it has something to do with water."

She stopped walking and looked scared at him, water? I did not prepare for that. "Water?"

"Yes, water. You know the liquid what the sea is made of, what comes out of the shower, the tap?" He sarcastically asked and sat down behind the steering wheel. Liv sat next to him and had a difficult smile on her face. "We are not gonna swim, at least, I hope we are not. But don't worry, it will be fun," he promised her.

"I trust you on that," she said, now knowing if that means it will be fun. Water activities are fun, Liv could agree with that, but on a second meet-up? Alright, Liv, keep open-minded. Maybe it is fun. Don't overthink or jump into conclusions already.