Hero Found

300 years later

Artemis POV

Artemis was in the woods where the masked hunter was assumed to be hiding in. So far it is confirming the goddess's theory of someone living here. There were absolutely no monsters here. Only monster dust but not living monsters. She carefully walked each step trying not to fall into any of his traps. That be embarrassing and her brother would never let her down. She could imagine the taunting and teasing she would get.  Suddenly, there was a growl. The moon goddess froze in place. 

' Hellhounds.' Artemis thought. She quickly grabbed our bow pointing at the direction of the sound. 

Silence. Not even a sound of movement was being made.

Suddenly, a black creature lunges forward and before Artemis released her arrow. 

"Jake! Down!" She heard a person shouted. The hellhound soon stopped lunging for Artemis. Its red eye still glaring at her though. Instead of shivering in fear, the moon goddess glares right back at Drake the hellhound.

" Jake go back to your mom." The person ordered. Jake looked like he didn't want to but obeyed his master's order.  

" Sorry. That's my hound there. He gets a little aggressive when strangers come by." The person apologizes.

" A little?" She answered. 

" Maybe a little bit more aggressive than I said he would be." He admitted. His hand ran through his hair. Artemis took a good look at him and knew she had found him. A mask covered every single part of his face except for his left eye which was light purple just like the demigods said.

' I found you-." She thought mentally smiling at her prey is found.

"My name Phantom Shadow and I assume you are Artemis the goddess of moon right?" He spoke shocking her.  

" How do you know boy." She growled out. Quickly she pulled out a dagger and threw it at him. At the last second, he dodged and the dagger missed his head by a few centimeters. Which Artemis became very sad about. She was hoping to just kill him.

"How am I able to survive in this world without knowing the gods and goddesses." He said and his eyes twinkled slightly. The moon goddess narrowed her eyes slightly.  There is something about this person. It made her suspicious but she didn't ask. 

"Plus I even played scrabble with your hunters." He said and his purple eye seemed brighter and lighter. The moon goddess just growled out. As much as she got amused by the fact, he was playing scrabble with her hunters but still, it wasn't necessary to tease her with it.

"You are coming with me to Olympus."

"Okay." Salomao accepts it casually. 

' Well, this is easier than I thought.' She thought. Salomao seemed to catch her confusion and just chuckled behind his mask. 

"Your hunters never asked me." He replied knowing what Artemis's question is about.

"Just let me say goodbye to my hellhounds."  She nodded.

" Do you know anything about Perseus Jackson?" Artemis asked. Phantom stopped and turn around a bit. His eyes lose the twinkle and replaced it was a blank.

" Hmmm? Who? Is he another person that is needed to be brought to Olympus?" He asked blankly before walking again. As a goddess, she knew when a person is lying or not especially her brother is the god of truth. But somehow she couldn't tell if he was lying or not. Artemis followed him to his home. A wooden cabin near the river bank. It wasn't so large nor was it small.  Artemis could hear growling and immediately knew it was the hellhounds. 

"Don't worry. I'm just going for a bit Ryan." He assured one of the female hellhounds who was whimpering.  

" How old are you?" Artemis asked. If the answer is what she expected, then there is a slight suspicion of whether his identity is Percy Jackson or not. Phantom just glanced at her with his purple eye.  

" 972. Why?" He questioned tilting his head. 

'Looks like he's not Perseus." She thought. The moon goddess waited patiently for Phantom to get ready.

"Alright, it time to go." He said clapping his hands together cheerfully. Artemis had never seen someone who was so cheerful to go to Olympus to be judged. She nodded and flashed both of them to Mount Olympus the home of the gods.  Lightning flashed and boomed all the time making both hunters rolled their eyes. 

"Dramatic much." She heard him mutter. She silently chuckled to herself at how true that was.  She quietly summoned the Olympians and when they walked in, all the Olympians are sitting in their rightful places except for Poseidon. They waited patiently at Poseidon but he never came. That is until Ares became so impatient that he went and dragged Poseidon here. It had been a long time ever since she saw her uncle.  

He never did change much. Still wore casual clothes and were holding a trident in one hand. But his eyes which were once filled with happiness is now just tired and blankness. She frowned at that part. Thousand of years, her uncle Poseidon had been the one who stayed in a good mood all the time. He never loses the twinkle in his green eye. But ever since Perseus............. he never was the same.

"What is it. I was busy with my duties brother." He grumbled before sitting down. He then looked at Phantom and tilted his head curious about who he was.

" Ahem, I'm glad you could join us." He started saying before getting interrupted by Hestia.  After a while of explaining, they finally sat down. 

"So why am I here anyway," Phantom said casually. The demigods who been with him knew how casual he was. They silently snickered in the corner where no one looks.  The gods and goddesses have different reactions to how he acted.
Zeus looked at him incredulously.
Hera just looked at him with curiosity.
Ares just doesn't care about it. All he wants is blood.
Athena stared at him with her calculating eyes. Her gray eyes seem more stormy than Annabeth. Poseidon looked at him. His eyes were blank. The other gods have all reactions from shock to curiosity.

" Well Phantom Shadow, you are here to be judged whether you are a threat or not to Olympus," Zeus spoke firmly. His blue eyes looked directly at Phantom's purple eye.  

" Well let's get started shall we," Phantom said his eye twinkle a little.

"If you don't receive love from the ones who are meant to love you, you will never stop looking for it."
― Robert Goolrick 

Words this Chapter:1126
Words in the total story:16384
Word average per chapter:1170