Chapter 2 Something in the sky

So the school year went on from there, same as any school year would. The "superpower" rumor finally faded. We all stayed as friends, at the end of the school year we had a sleepover to see if the rumor that brought us together was true. I went first cause I was the reason this started, I told them that I was going to need a little space and a little time. So they backed up a few feet, and I tried to concentrate on transforming it only took a few seconds this time thankfully it didn't hurt this time, I've forced my self to transform a few times before and it makes everything hurt especially my legs and arms, cause it stretches everything. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to control myself after I was done cause I'm still learning all I needed to know. I opened my eyes and everyone looked horrified, I backed up a few feet trying to show that I wasn't going to hurt them but they stepped toward me. after a moment they asked me how I did it, I told them that "it wasn't that hard it only takes some time and some self-control." I pulled off my mask, it looked a little like a scorpion was sitting on it. I never looked at myself when I transformed cause I didn't want to see how ugly I was, but Brody pulled my face almost level with hers and lightly kissed my lips, I felt like the whole world stopped then when I opened my eyes again she was gone and everyone look horrified again so I ran out of the room, opened the front door and then I heard her. Brody was talking to me from somewhere but where?

 "Leo stop you can't leave at night they will get you." 

"where are you, Brody? I cant see you but it's like your in my head."

"its ok Leo, I'm here for you, Leo I've wanted to tell you this all year but I don't think right now is the time. Please close the door and go back to the room and transform back to yourself." 

I walked back to the room and sat down and transformed back into myself. I opened my eyes and Brody was back too. 

"where did Brody go? Why could I hear her but not see her? why couldn't I go outside? please explain what's going on, Please I need to know."

No one said anything so I got up and walked back out of the room and went straight outside and didn't think about anything but getting home, but on my way to their gate, I heard something I didn't remember ever hearing before. I hadn't completely turned around, I was in the air screaming for someone to save me, I see Alex, Sarah, Tyler, and Brody run out of the house.

_________*********___________********_______******__________****