3

4 months later

4 months later

"Kuu-Chan, please don't forget to check the house at least once a day! You know how worried your father and I get when we leave." His mother pouted, grabbing her youngest son's hands. Kusuo glanced at his surroundings, feeling uncomfortable around all these people. He hated airports, but it was times when his parents would visit his older brother where he had no choice but to come.

"I know. You guys be safe." He said, pulling her in for a hug. He rested his chin on top of her head, giving him a view of the people behind her. And it was then that he saw her.

Clad in a plaid skirt and black sweater, she stood next to the tall man Kusuo recognized as Sammy. They stood in line to check in their bags, and Kusuo watched as they conversed between themselves.

"Kusuo, are you alright?" His mother asked, her voice muffled. Hearing her voice, he snapped out of his trance-like state and released his hold on her. Moving his eyes from Katsuki to his mother, he simply nodded.

"We should go get your bags checked in before the line gets too long." He said, grabbing her luggage and making his way to the line.

"What about your father?" Mrs. Saiki asked as she trailed behind him.

"He can find us." He stated simply, forming in the line. And lucky for him, he was right behind Katsuki. She didn't seem to notice him, and Kusuo wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing. What would he even say to her? Would she recognize him? He was so lost in thought that he didn't notice his father approaching them.

"Why'd you guys leave me alone! I thought you guys left me!" His father exclaimed, frantically waving his arms.

"Kusuo wanted to get in line to check in before the line got longer." His mother explained innocently. Upon hearing his name, the brunette in front of them visibly stiffened. He sighed and dropped his gaze, knowing there was no chance in hell she missed that. Slowly, he lifted his gaze, locking eyes with her. Her hazel eyes softened as she gave him a small smile and wave. He sent her a small wave back, yet they continued staring at each other.

"Kuu-Chan? Who are you waving at?" His mother interrupted. She stood in front of him to see who it was, meeting eyes with Katsuki. He watched Katsuki's eyes move to his mother's, sending her a smile as well.

"Eh? Kuu-Chan? Is this a friend of yours?" His mother exclaimed, grabbing Kusuo's hand. He could see Katsuki covering her face with her hand as she giggled before taking small steps closer to them.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Shida Katsuki, a... friend of Kusuo. Call me Katsuki." She introduced herself with a smile, giving his parents a bow.

"Wow, Kuu-Chan! You never told us you had such a pretty friend!" His mother said, grabbing Katsuki's hands. She let out a nervous laugh, feeling her face get hot.