Stupid Barrels... or life saving?

Journal Entry: 1

My story begins like this;

  I am traveling on an unknown older wooden ship, along an unidentified shoreline in south America. A large quick ocean storm has swept our ship inland up a river, the result > a shipwreck.

  Most of the crew/passengers survive the crash, I am one of them. A local isolated tribe lives off the land rushes in with spears & knives and start killing everyone. 

 I'm still on board the sinking ship hidden behind some large barrels. The tribes hunting party leader (in which I will call "General") & a few men board the boat to scout for survivors. --- When we original ran aground my stomach/waist hit something very hard & so I was clutching my midsection during the scouting.--- 

 So lucky me; the lone survivor of my ship; it turns out that this tribe is highly protective of it's pregnant women

 So lucky me; the lone survivor of my ship; it turns out that this tribe is highly protective of it's pregnant women. In their culture pregnant women are respected & protected, as they are the bringers of life. 

 So when the 'General' & his men saw me the first thing they saw was a woman quickly grabbing her waist  in protectiveness. Of course on my end it was a sharp pain, to them it was a mother cradling her unborn baby. Immediately after my actions the General yelled something along the lines of: " Stop! Wait! ... She is with child. We cannot harm her, bring her to the village." 

 At the time of course I couldn't understand them, but the new lack of spears and all the pointing really gave it away. They then lead me to the village, which was problely a 30 or 40 minute walk inland from the river. It was a small village only around 200 people from what I can see. 

 They all look health & happy

 They all look health & happy. I was taken to the village healers first to make sure I was unharmed. I still hadn't removed my arm from its protective embrace: #1 because my "pregnancy" was the only thing keeping me alive, #2 because OW!! Ramming your stoach into solid wood really  hurts!!

 Anyways, I was deemed unharmed and placed in a woman's house. Likely until they knew what to do with me.