Chapter 9: Fusions Inner Demons

After hours of Nightshade and Lucky catching up Fusion finally recapped everything about Nightshades' old friends. "So let me get this straight you a mafia boss dia is the windigo queen burning works in the royal forge bri and O'Malley became assains and the others either started roaming like nightshade used to?"

Lucky nodded as him and Nightshade had been getting very drunk fusion looked at nightshades passed out body. Smiling a bit on how cute he looked. He heard Lucky chuckle looking over Lucky spoke.

"I'd know that look. You like him don't you Fusion was it?" Lucky smirked.

Fusion could feel his face turn bright red he stuttered. "I mean he is cute and all but. I guess maybe"

"Relax lad I won't say a thing. Just be a careful lad. The last thing he needs is his hearts broken a third time" Lucky slid a drink over to Fusion.

Fusion took the drink tilting his head. "Hearts? He has more than one and what do you mean again?" Fusion took a drink.

Lucky smiled "yep he has two hearts he's not even a normal pony. Whenever he explained it didn't make much sense to me" he nodded "and yea he had a wife long before I met him who died on an adventure to find some artifact of the crystal empire before it returned, and the other was Ace o'hearts"

Fusion chocked on his drink. "Hold up  Prince ace?! The one who died 1000 years ago you're telling me Nightshade is the great betrayer?!" Fusions head swirled trying to understand. "I guess that explains Luna's distaste for him" Fusion sat staring at his drink. "So he new Ace and Alice O'hearts wonder what happened?"

Lucky stayed quiet for a long while as lost in his own thoughts before getting up. "Well you two are welcomed to stay the night I don't think Nightshade is in any condition to walk anyway." Lucky walked out before Fusion could respond.

Fusion looked at nightshade thinking about his last relationship. It caused him to oose his friends his family and almost his life if luna hadn't seen what his ex was doing to him hed surely be dead. Fusion rolled up his sleeve looking at old healing burns and cuts as a flashback occurred.

"I swear I wasn't flirting with the guards Ironfeather" Fusion tensed as the Heavy hoof of his ex slammed into his jaw and felt a kick or two in his gut.

"Don't like to me you whore I saw you!" Ironfeather gave another kick to Fusions midsection. " but I'm going to make sure you never do it again!" Ironfeather grabbed Fusions arm an twisted it un till there was a loud Crack.

Fusion screamed feeling immense pain throughout his body he knew if he had fought back he would only be beaten worse so he just sobbed as he was kicked and even burned by Ironfeathers cigar. He cried more and more as pain shot through himself until he heard a voice and a loud thud"

"Commander Ironfeather you better explain what you are doing to this civilian!" The voice was loud like she was scolding him.

Fusion couldn't recognize the figure through his tears but a taller figure walked up and Ironfeather was left stuttering until he heard the voice of the new figure.

"Commander Ironfeather you are to return canterlot now. You and I are going to have a word."

If only fusion had known what was about to be unleashed on him in the next coming months. He realized Strike and Luna had seen the whole thing. Fusion had spent months in the hospital and when he was well enough he was invited to see the princesses all of the guard and Ironfeather standing in the center of the room Fusion looked confused.

Luna stood walking forward to Ironfeather. "You have broken your oath to protect Equestria and its people with your actions. General strike and I have seen how violent to ponies you are and as Princess of the night." Luna removed his armor and badge with magic. " present you with a dishonorable discharge"
Strike glared daggers at him "now get out of our sight."

Ironfeather stood there looking at all the guards he could and glared at Fusion as he was escorted out Fusion couldn't hear what he mumbled but he had a clue.

"This is over"

Fusion could feel tears in his eyes and a sudden weight holding him in an embrace. He looked up and was granted to the sight of Nightshade's pink eyes looking concerned. Fusion buried his face in Nightshades' chest crying. "Shh its ok Fuse I've got you" Nightshade whispered to his friend not sure why he felt so strange seeing him cry but he wanted to destroy whatever it was. Nightshade held Fusion in a comforting embrace until Fusion passed out from crying and Nightshade slowly drifting off to sleep dreaming of his strange feeling for his new friend.

If only they knew the two sets of eyes watching them through a windo at a distance...