Chapter 4

Two days later we arrived at Brookhaven, a fairly large town bustling with activity.  No one takes more than a glance at newcomers here, there's simply too many of them.  The sun had set not long before we arrived, but there were still plenty of people out on the streets, and merchants selling their goods in the square.  Harlow had wanted to get some weapons and some better clothes to ride in, I wanted a bed to sleep in and a roof over my head. 

It's a tad bit difficult to get a sword when you don't have much for coin, but with some hushed conversations and promise to be paid later (and possibly a threat or two to keep quiet about the encounter), the blacksmith had been more than happy to supply the princess with the requested items.  Which left our coins for other things.  We decided to keep a third of it soley for food, which left the rest to be used for other suplies. 

"We need to do something about your hair, it's too noticable," I mentioned around my bite of apple.

Harlow's hands flew to touch her carmel colored hair.  "What's wrong with it?" She demanded her cheeks flushing red.

I held up my hands trying to calm her down.  "Nothing, it's very beautiful.  However, it's painfully obvious that the head it's attached to belongs to the missing Princess."

"What do you think I should do then?" She asks as she strokes her hair in her hands.

I shrug as she lowers her hands.  "Should I cut it?  Or dye it?  Both?"  Once again, I shrug as we walk though the streets.

"You're not helping, Keith," she scoffs with a soft smile.

In the end, she decides to decide what to do about her hair later, which earns an eyeroll from me.  "Do we chance staying in town for the night?" I ask as we inspect a booth of stacked clay pots.

Harlow shakes her head, "if I hadn't had to go to the blacksmith, I would say yes.  But since I went. . ."  She leaves the sentence hanging, hoping I catch on to what she's trying to avoid saying.

I nod, "we should probably get a move on then."

~~~~~~~~

"So where exactly are we going now? We made it to Brookhaven, but what now?"  I ask as we canter down the road out of town to find a place to camp for the night.

"Not sure," Keith shrugs.  "If we head north, we can reach a town called Alryne, near the border of Croydon."

Croydon.

"I need you to deliver a message."  I continued when the man nodded, "tell King Edvard that-"  From there I remember nothing until waking up days later.  But I remember the message: "tell King Edvard that I'm coming for him."

465 words.  Sorry it's so short but this is all I've got for now.  I might update this again tonight.  Not sure.  I want popcorn, so I'm gonna go make some and hope I don't have to share with anyone.  Let me know what you think and yeah.  Thanks.

Book Lover out.