→ two

Angel grinned as the boy led her down the rocky path in the woods. With her hand interlocked with his, she let out a small giggle as they made their way down to the river's edge. The boy stumbled forward, his hand slipping out of Angel's as he barely caught himself before he was able to crash to the ground. 

She released an angelic laugh at the boy's clumsiness just before his head suddenly flew off his body and splattered blood all over her new dress. The smile slipped from her face and her lips pressed into a thin line as Klaus stood over the dead boy's body.

"Dad," Angel whined as she crossed her arms and stomped her foot like a child. "You can't just go around killing every boy I fancy."

"Is that so?" Klaus grinned as he grabbed Angel's arm and began leading her back up to the manor. 

"I actually really liked him this time," Angel argued, although they both knew it was a total lie.

"Oh really?" Klaus raised an eyebrow at her before shrugging. "Okay then. What was his last name?"

"Uh, Smith?" Angel guessed after she racked her brain for the answer she knew she didn't have. "Smith is a common name, right?"

Klaus laughed and shook his head at Angel as the two reached the doors of their manor.

"Favorite food?" he questioned as the two remained outside.

"Pizza," Angel replied immediately before adding, "I think."

"Fine," Klaus didn't want to argue with her despite the fact that he knew he was right. "Best friend's name?"

"Probably John," Angel shrugged already knowing she was going to lose the argument.

"Eye color?" Klaus rolled his eyes at her.

"So dreamy," Angel dazed off as she recalled his bright, blue eyes that had attracted her to him in the first place.

"You've proven my point wonderfully," Klaus pulled her out of her daydream as he opened the door and gestured for her to enter first. 

Angel stuck her tongue out at him childishly but entered the manor nevertheless. She shrugged her cloak off, giving it to one of the many compelled servants Klaus had hanging around the manor before following after her father, who was already halfway to the study.

"Okay, I'm sorry," Angel apologized when she finally caught up to him, her short legs working twice as hard as his. "I didn't really like him but I just wanted a bit of fun. You can't expect me to stay holed up in this bloody house for the rest of my life."

Klaus remained silent as he entered the study and plopped down onto the couch, grabbing the nearest book to keep him occupied.

"Are you seriously giving me the silent treatment?" Angel deadpanned as she leaned against the doorway of the study. At his smug face, Angel let out a disbelieving scoff but the grin on her face showed Klaus that she wasn't really mad. "And you call me the child."

Klaus chuckled as Angel took a few steps into the study to join him. She barely made it three steps when she released a startled gasp as a vampire sped into the study, only a few feet away from where she was standing. It took her a few moments to regain her composure as she struggled to slow down her heart which was surely beating loudly in her chest.

Angel took the time to eye the vampire, assuming he was no threat as Klaus casually stood back onto his feet. He was older than Klaus by a few years, at least physically. He wore a disheveled suit but Angel imagined it was usually well kept and clean. The vampire seemed shaken, as though he didn't quite know where he was but was trying to stay calm and collected. Something about the way he stood told Angel that he was a very old vampire. 

Angel smiled as it finally clicked who the older vampire was. Klaus had told her stories as a child about his siblings and she had found herself always wanting to meet them. She had lost any hope of meeting them when she grew older and she realized Klaus would never release his siblings if it would bring harm to her. It seemed Klaus decided Elijah would bring no harm to her while he was alive.

While her face morphed into one of recognition, Elijah stared between Klaus and Angel in confusion, unsure of who she was and what Klaus was doing to her.

"Elijah, Angel," Klaus grinned as Elijah carefully eyed the teenager before him, worried about whatever antics his brother had been up to while he was asleep. "I thought it was time you two finally met. All of us are, after all, family."