E I G H T E E N

🐞🐈

The new couple stood beside each other, face to face with their best friends, Alya and Nino, who were most certainly looking very smug.

It was probably because they were the only ones who knew this ship was going to sail all along.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, you have some serious explaining to do, young lady." Alya spoke in a very monotone manner.

Nino's reaction on the other hand was quite different. "Duuddeeee." He said and held up his hand for a high five.

Adrien chuckled and turned a shade of pink, slowly and awkwardly returning the night five.

"Uh so this happened." He said shyly.

"About time too." Nino replied.
Alya simply stared at Marinette, looking very uncomfortable, almost as if she was going to burst at the seams.

"Marinette. Ladies room. Now." She said in a manner that frightened Marinette quite some bit.

Marinette nodded and landed a light kiss on the side
of Adrien's face, saying goodbye.

She followed her red-haired, fiery friend into the bathroom and as soon as they were in...

"OH MY GOD! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS HAPPENED! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! YOU ACTUALLY DID IT!" Alya squealed, grabbed ahold of Mari's hands and started jumping up and down, unable to contain her excitement any longer.

Marinette was short for words. "I- it just happened."

An eye roll came from Alya. "Pfft. Just happened. Come on, tell me everything! I need to know Mari!"

Marinette had no clue on how she was going to lie her way out of this one, since there was no way she'd be able to tell the overly complicated, superhero version of the truth.

"Well, you know..." Marinette scrambled her brain, taking notice of the look on Alya's very impatient face.

Uhhhhhhhh.

"He said he missed me. Missed being friends I mean. Then I guess we got to talking and then we somehow... kissed? And then it went from there."

Marinette watched her friends reaction as her skin colour slowly turned the same shade of red as her hair.

Then it hit.

Alya was holding her breath the whole time and it seemed as though she was a steam kettle at boiling point that was about to explode.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I STILL CANNOT BELIVE YOU'RE TOGETHER! MARINETTE AND ADRIEN SITTING IN A TREE! K-I-S-S-I-N..."

"You better not finish that stupid song." And just like that, Marinette's on top of the world mood came to a screeching halt as the sound of Chloé's voice came booming through the bathroom.

"Ughhh." Both Alya and Marinette  groaned.

"You should probably get the idea of you and Adrien being together out of your head because it's ne-verrr going to happen. His hearts already been taken by moi."

Alya grew a knowing smirk. "If you say so, Chloé. Say, why don't we go find Adrien right now and see how much he loves you?"

"Pfft. I don't need to prove that he loves me. I just know he does." Chloé crossed her arms in a huff and turned her nose upwards.

Marinette felt her right eye twitch with anger.

She didn't know why she was so angry at Chloe since it wasn't exactly news to her that she had feelings for Adrien.

But everything was different now. Marinette and Adrien were together.

Marinette's stomach did a little somersault at the thought and her mood lifted immensely.

'That's right. Adrien's with me. I don't need to prove anything to anyone. He loves me.'

"You know, Chloé... it's okay to have a crush on Adrien. I understand. He is amazing after all..." Marinette's words drifted.

Chloé just snorted. "ITS NOT A CRUSH. We're.." she stopped short without finishing. "Whatever. This conversation is absolutely ridiculous and I'm not taking part in it anymore."

Chloé turned on her heel and strutted out of the bathroom, nose in the air, with Sabrina following closely behind as per usual.

Both Alya and Marinette exchanged a glance and then erupted in a fit of giggles.

"That girl is about to have a rude awakening, and I, one hundred, thousand percent want to see the look on her face when it happens." Alya laughed.

Both girls exited the ladies room and headed to their first class. Marinette was secretly relieved that she didn't have to explain any more details to Alya about how her relationship with Adrien progressed. There was no way she could just say that she'd gotten feelings for Chat who was, in reality, Adrien Agreste, the boy she loved.

The girls took their usual seats once they arrived at Miss Bustier's classroom and waited for the rest of their friends to arrive.

Adrien and Nino were nowhere to be found yet which wasn't that unusual since it was still a little on the early side.

But when a while had passed and most of the class had taken their seats, aside from the boys, Chloé and Sabrina, Marinette began to get worried.

"Don't worry, they'll be here." Alya nudged her in the side, trying to reassure her.

Yet Marinette still couldn't shake the feeling she had in the pit of her stomach, the one that was telling her that something wasn't quite right.

Bzzz. Bzzz.

She felt her phone vibrate in her bag and she fished it out, carefully avoiding Tikki.

She opened it up on the sly and read:

Adrien ❤️🐱: Hey Princess. Gonna b late for class. There's an Akuma at the school. Don't worry I'll be safe. xx

The words Marinette read confirmed her worries, and quickly she made up an excuse to leave the classroom, ignoring the looks she got from Alya on her way out.

There was another Akuma.

🐞 🐈