Interrupted

Interrupted (Duncan Shepherd X Reader)

ok so i've never actually watched a full episode of house of cards, just seen the clips that cody's in, but that doesn't mean i can't still be thirsty for duncan 😛😛😛so here is my first ever duncan shepherd smut!! hope y'all like ;)

plot: duncan takes a phone call during your date night despite promising you he wouldn't. you decide to teach him a lesson.

warnings: blowjobs, fem!Reader

word count: 1.6k

"I'm sorry, baby, but I really have to take this."

You narrowed your eyes at your boyfriend as he looked down at his vibrating cell phone, an unrecognizable name displayed across the glowing screen. He was leaning forward on the couch, elbows resting on his knees as he chewed the inside of his lip anxiously; seconds before, you'd been cuddled up together, watching some stupid Netflix comedy which had since been put on pause.

"You said you wouldn't take any calls tonight, Duncan," you said, not bothering to conceal your irritation. He always pulled this shit, even when he promised he wouldn't. You supposed you should've been used to it by now, being with a man as work-oriented and driven as Duncan Shepherd, but it still annoyed you nonetheless.

He ran a hand over the light scruff on his jaw, bowing his head as his thumb hovered over the "answer" button. "I'll make it up to you, I promise. It's just- there's been a lot going on recently, and I can't-"

"-Yeah, whatever. Just go ahead," you muttered, rolling your eyes as you reached for your glass of wine on the coffee table.

He brought the phone to his ear, mouthing sorry to you before leaning back against the throw pillows, stretching his free hand back to rest against the base of his neck. "Duncan Shepherd speaking."

You fought the urge to tease him for the ultra-formal greeting, taking a sip of the expensive red wine that you and Duncan usually saved for special occasions. Tonight wasn't particularly special, but Duncan had suggested breaking out the bottle to celebrate your first night alone together in a while; you'd both been caught up with work recently, hardly able to put aside time to just relax in each other's company. This fact alone only made you angrier with your boyfriend for interrupting your night together.

Placing the glass back down, you turned to look at Duncan. He looked handsome, as usual, and you found yourself faltering slightly as you admired him. It was so hard to stay mad at him sometimes, especially after looking at those gorgeous hooded blue eyes and lush, full lips. Your eyes trailed down his body, clad as usual in all black, his muscular thighs accentuated by the snug material of his trousers.

You saw him pause, eyebrows furrowing as he listened to whoever was on the other end of the line, his tongue darting out to wet his lips. You felt something stir deep in your belly, a familiar sensation beginning to tingle between your legs. It had to be the red wine.

"Right," you heard him say as you inched closer to him, hardly garnering a reaction as your outer thigh pressed up against his. "But that doesn't make any sense. I thought I told you not to say anything to him about it."

You had no idea what he was talking about, and in all honesty, you didn't really care. There was always so much convoluted drama going on in Duncan's life, and it was hard to keep up. You placed a hand on his knee, squeezing slightly before trailing your fingertips up his inner thigh. He shot you a fleeting glance, quirking an eyebrow at you distractedly, before immediately being reeled back into his conversation.