•°3°•

Chapter three•
Frosted Flakes

Helpless.

Rowan was confused and angry and helpless in her current situation. She didn't know why he hadn't just asked for the keys from Jay instead of lugging her body in the freezing cold.

She bounced and bobbed as the unknown Quileute boy held her over his broad and muscular shoulder.

Her fists hit his shoulder blades in any sort of effort to escape. She was shivering by now, but she doubted her captor would care. How he ran shirtless in this weather was mysterious.

Her teeth chattered lightly as the boy jogged briskly down the empty road. It wouldn't matter if there were cars, they wouldn't be able to see them in this rain.

"I swear to God if you don't let me down this instant I will find the biggest stick I can and shove it so far-"

The ebony-haired boy slapped the back of her thighs in a scolding manner.
"Alright. I get it, all deadly and hurty cause you need to keep that edgy tone. This is even worse than Paul." Be laughed lightly. He knew this was strange, but she needed to get to safety. With himself being the most recent shifter, it was his duty to protect this girl. She was practically packed by association anyway. He didn't mind. The boy was a pacifist most of the time.

"It's not about being edgy. It's about I'm-being-carried by-someone-I-don't-know-to-a-place-I-don't-know. That is kidnap! Plus, you took my pocket knife!" She gritted out of her chattering mouth.

He scoffed.
"Yeah! So I wouldn't get stabbed!" He kinda liked her attitude though.

"I wasn't actually going to stab you, random stranger." She whispered almost inaudible, but he still heard her.

Don't get her wrong, she was still angry, but she was also tired and cold. She was slowly falling unconscious from the freezing climate. Her eyes drooped. Let's not forget, it was still pouring heavily.

"I'm Embry by the way. I didn't mention that earlier." He then looked to the side to see her face, splotchy and red, her lips a pale shade of white with a hint of blue.

Shit shit shit

He had one job and he screwed it up. Jayden would have his head. He pulled her from over his shoulder to his chest. How could he let this happen?

He raced faster than before as he used his supernatural speed to guide him to the Black residence. At least Jacob was at Bellas doing homework.

•°•

Embry Call rushed into the house as quickly as he could. Inside he would see William Black sitting in his wheelchair at the kitchen counter, a mug of steaming coffee and a newspaper in hand.

"I think she has hypothermia Cheif. How do we help her? Jeez, I'm dead meat, aren't I? She isn't going to live and Sam'll kick me out of the pack-" by now he was rambling. Billy shushed him, rolling towards him.

"Keep her warm Embry. She is pack and we cannot have her death on your hands. Especially seeing as it was such an easy task." His black eyes bore holes into Embrys. He nodded, pushing her onto the couch before going to fetch some blankets from a closet.

Billy's wheels squeaked while he pushed himself towards his honorary niece. Her features looked so similar to her mothers. It was like she was back. He pushed some stray ringlets from her tinted face. She would not die that day.