Chapter 5

"Falling for you was my mistake."

...

*Jungkook's pov*

*7:45 am*

I woke up to someone yelling at me. I slowly opened my eyes, the blurs in front of my eyes clearing slowly, to see Jimin already dressed.

"Get up!", he shouted while shoveling books into his backpack. "You're going to be late!"

I looked over at my alarm clock: 7:46 am.

'Fuck'

I quickly got up and grabbed the first pair of clothes I could find. I decided against showering, hoping I'd get the chance to after practice.

"Hurry up!"

"Go on without me," I told Jimin hurriedly.

"No way, what if someone tries to beat you up?" he said.

"What? Come on you're being overly dramatic." I scoffed.

"But- "

"Go!" I shouted.

'I can take care of myself just fine'

I quickly grabbed my backpack with all my things and carried some extra notebooks in my arms. Jimin was probably already in class. I practically ran out of the dorm and into the hallway, glancing at the clock in the hall: 7:55 am.

'Shit, shit, shit'

I ran faster, wishing my alarm clock would have done its job. I looked ridiculous. Although classes were just about to start, there were still many people lingering in the halls. I tried to dodge as many people as I could while basically sprinting towards my classroom.

"Sorry!" I said, without looking at who I'd hit.

"Watch it." Some guy said.

I kept on running.

"Sorr-" I started as I stumbled over something.

Everything went in slow motion as I fell to the floor, my notebooks spilling everywhere. A few inches before my demise I felt someone grab my shirt from behind, preventing my fall. I was lifted to my feet.

I stood up, brushing myself off and not even bothering to look at who had picked me up.

"You shouldn't run in the halls Kook."

'Kook?!'

I turned my head and found myself face to face with Taehyung. He had glasses on and looked as handsome as ever. He handed me my notebooks with a smirk.

'Fuck'

"I-I have to go." I said before quickly walking away, regretting my life decisions already.

"You're welcome." He said before turning back to his locker.

I blushed, hurriedly slipping into my classroom and walking over to where Jimin was sitting, I sat next to him.

"Hey Jk, just in time," Jimin said, then noticed my flushed cheeks. "Oh my god, what happened? Did you see him again?"

I nodded.

Jimin looked at me as if waiting for the details.

"It was the most cliché shit ever." I muttered, still embarrassed. "I fell and he picked up my books."

Jimin snickered. "What did he say?"

"He said 'You shouldn't run in the halls Kook.'" I said as I put my face in my hands. "I feel like such an idiot, falling like that."

"Well at least you can now say that you've fallen for him twice on two different occasions."

I glared at Jimin as he kept laughing.

'How did I end up being friends with this idiot?'

---------
The rest of the school day felt eternal. I slowly walked to my last class of the day, wishing I was lying down on my bed. The teacher droned on for what seemed like years, I kept having to catch myself from taking a nap right then and there. I heard the sound of the bell just as I was dozing off.

'saved by the bell'

I started packing up my things to leave for swimming practice. I walked to the hall and to my locker. I opened it, rummaging through my school stuff inside, I noticed a purple post-it note lying face down on a book inside. I turned it over to read what it read: 'You looked cute today Jungkook ˂3'

I shrugged it off, putting it in my pocket, thinking it was probably some girl crushing on me. I mean it's not that I'm really interested in girls right now.

'And maybe I never will'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is I! Did you miss me? Hope so. Anyways, here's another chapter for this largely requested fic. I hope you're enjoying reading it as much as I am writing it. Thank you for reading I love you!-Adri 💖