Chapter 01: Memories

Disclaimer:I don't own any of the characters from Teen Wolf they belong to their creator. I own Elizabeth McCall and anything/anyone else you don't recognise.   - This story starts sometime in the second season.

Stand Your Ground

Chapter 01: Memories

A teenage Derek Hale stood in the middle of Hale house, he was impatiently waiting for his best-friend to turn up. His sisters Laura and Cora were laughing at the impatience of their brother, to them she was just another girl - who happened to be a werewolf. Derek turned around and glared at his sisters as the front door opened.

"Derek,"the young girl laughed as her best-friend jumped at the sound of her voice. "And you said that I couldn't scare you," she stuck her tongue out at him.

"See!Derek it is possible," Cora laughed, before she looked at the older girl before her. "Hi Elizabeth McCall," she grinned, before yelling out. "Mom, Derek's friend Elizabeth McCall is here!"

Talia walked out from the study and smiled at her, before telling them to go for their run now before it got too late. That was the day that their lives changed, more than what they already had. Derek and Elizabeth had smiled at Talia before taking off running out the front door and down the path. The two teenagers ran as fast as they could, overtaking each other and occasionally jogging backwards they did for an hour before Talia heard an ear piercing scream and a sound that she didn't like. Talia raced from the house, towards the noise and saw Peter saying that he didn't meant to do it.

"You purposely came straight towards us!" Elizabeth screamed again,as she crouched beside Derek who was unconscious. "Talia..."Elizabeth pointed at her best-friend and then at Peter.

"Peter,what did you do?" Talia questioned looking at her younger brother and then at the two teenagers as she crouched down next to Elizabeth. "Go to the house, and look after the girls! Go!"Talia flashed her eyes at him and then looked back at her son.

"He's hurt badly isn't he?" Elizabeth asked, her voice wavering as she looked at Talia and then Derek as the young girl picked up her sons hand.

"Elizabeth,what did he do?" Talia questioned, watching as Peter got in his car and drove away towards the house.

"Derek and I, we were running like we always do - same everything. He was ahead of me, Peters car...he drove it straight at him..."Elizabeth paused looking at Talia with scared eyes before she looked at her hand and saw her veins.

"Sweetheart,I want you to take a deep breath and pull Derek towards you,"Talia smiled at her, and proceeded to pull Derek towards her. "You know that you can help him,"

"Elizabeth..."Both of Elizabeth and Talia looked at Derek who had his eyes open and was smiling at him with a lopsided smile. "I know you can,"he mumbled almost incoherently before closing his eyes.

"Derek, sweety you need to stay awake," Talia whispered as she placed Elizabeth's hand firmly on his back with her fingers close to his spine. "Elizabeth, part of you knows how to help him, and the other part wants to take the pain. Use them both,"