Chapter 02: A Not So Ordinary Life?

Over the years Elizabeth had worked out how to tap into the magic from a distance and whenever Derek had gone werewolf and been injured she had pulled his spine back together. On the odd occasion she had, had to travel to him to help him. Derek and Laura left Beacon Hills after Hale House burnt down, due to Kate Argent going against her family code, they went to New York where Elizabeth had been living. Elizabeth had gained friends, friends that she trusted enough to become her family, her pack. Elizabeth's friends had included two werewolves, one her beta, and the other had at one stage been an omega before gaining her trust, the rest humans that she had come to trust and love she never gave up on them.

After Derek arrived back in Beacon Hills, he held off on contacting Elizabeth about his Uncle having bitten her nephew as it hadn't clicked until Scott had told him his name. Elizabeth had said she'd be back in town but didn't know when as she had things to do. It took her months to return and when she did she'd gone to Hale House first out of instinct before finding her way to Derek's new loft. Derek was waiting for her beside his car.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Derek questioned, watching as she got out of her car and locked the door pocketing her keys.

"That's how you say hello to me these days?" Elizabeth retorted wrapping her arms around him and giving him a hug. "I'm sure, he has to know,"

"You're going to want to do it aren't you?" Derek questioned, unlocking his own car and motioning for her to get in.

"I think we'll have to," Elizabeth answered, pausing briefly before she continued. "Knowing my nephew like I do there are just some things that he needs to be shown. He's always been a strange kid, but Stiles a little bit stranger from memory,"

"He's a spaz, if that helps?" Derek laughed, something she hadn't heard in a while.

"A tad, tell me what you didn't tell me over the phone last time we talked?" Elizabeth questioned, running a hand through her hair before pulling it up into a messy bun.

"Scott is strong, stubborn...in love with an Argent," Derek trailed off the last statement had made Elizabeth look at him with questioning eyes. "Allison is different,"

"Allison Argent...Chris' daughter. I met Allison in the street one day, saved her actually and told her to never tell anyone," Elizabeth said,taking a deep breath before she continued. "She's not like Kate is she?"

"Not like Kate, she's one of Scott's pack," Derek said as he drove them to Scott's house. "There's a lot I haven't said and there's a lot that Scott needs to be the one to tell you,"

Elizabeth put her hand on Derek's as they arrived outside the McCall house. It looked like only Scott was home, which was what Elizabeth was hoping. Both of them sniffed the air and then Elizabeth laughed, the laugh was what had caught Scott's attention while he had been looking in the fridge for something to eat.

'Stay here, you'll know when it's time,'  Elizabeth sent the message straight to Derek who nodded watching as she got out and walked up the front steps. Scott opened the door as she reached the porch.