Chapter 15: Something Else

A month and half later Elizabeth had gone to meet Scott and do some grocery shopping while Theo had gone to Liam's still getting used to the whole having to do what Elizabeth said. The original plan had been for Derek to meet them at the apartment but that changed slightly when the two of them saw flashing lights outside of the apartment building and they heard Rafael's voice.

"Rafe! Get out of my apartment!" Elizabeth yelled as she heard her brother's voice in her apartment before she and Scott had arrived. Scott was planning on staying the night and both of them could hear more than one voice.

"What's my dad doing in your apartment?" Scott questioned raising an eyebrow as he looked at her. Elizabeth shrugged as they listened to the voices and then heard.

"Alright pack it up guys,"

"Okay, now I'm pissed...and I think I know what he might have found..." Elizabeth trailed off looking at Scott as both of them stood in hallway with Elizabeth holding the key to the apartment in her hand. "Rafe, now!"

"Ma'am, I'm going to need you to come with us," an FBI Agent said as he pulled open the door to face them.

"Uh, excuse me? Why the hell are you in my apartment?" Elizabeth questioned, pushing past the FBI Agent and standing in front of Rafael and glaring at him.

"Ace, what's this?" Rafael replied, holding up a photo of Elizabeth and Derek that Scott had taken a few weeks earlier.

"That would be none of your damn business. Rafe, he's been my best-friend since I was five years old," Elizabeth replied dragging him further into the apartment with Scott close behind them.

"Dad, answer her question. Why are you here?" Scott persisted, glaring at his father - they still hadn't told him about Elizabeth but they were starting to think he might have worked it out after the incident with the hunters or when she had slipped into the High-School

"This looks more than best-friends," Rafael said as he inspected the picture closer causing Elizabeth to snatch it away from him. "Are you seeing him?" that was the last straw, Elizabeth looked up at her brother and flashed her eyes at him.

"Ace," Scott's voice was low enough that only she could hear him, his own eyes had flashed red at the same time as hers. "Dad, stop avoiding the god damn question,"

Rafael looked between his sister and his son, just how much hadn't they told him about the supernatural world. Like his sister being a werewolf, with his son. As he looked between his son and sister he began to realise what they were trying to do. Rafael ran a hand over his face before he spoke to them. Rafael was starting to piece things together from the looks that they were giving and little things that Melissa had said.

"He's wanted for mass murder," Elizabeth and Scott glanced at each other, they knew this already. "You already know, why am I not surprised. I bet you're going to tell me that he didn't do it," Rafael said as he crossed his arms across his body. Elizabeth listened for a moment as she heard a familiar car coming their way.

"When was he meant to have done this?" Elizabeth questioned, while sending Derek a subtle message to hang a few blocks back until it was clear for him to return. 'Derek, my brother's here with the FBI...hang back till we give you the all clear,'

"Eighteen months ago in North Carolina," Rafael answered, Elizabeth thought for a moment they had been in North Carolina but it was before that and they had been together.

"Eighteen months? He was with me in New York," Elizabeth said, it was the truth they had gone to New York as she'd had business but also because she'd had to heal him. "I was serious when I said he was my best-friend,"