first love

Tom dreamt of the first time he met prof Granger;

September 1st, it was his first day here at hogwarts. The magical experience didn't last long for an orphan in slytherin house.

He had let his guard down. he should've known brainless kids would be the same outside the orphanage.

except they were purebloods who had more experience with magic than Tom. they beat him to it first, the humiliation would never be forgotten. Tom thought, as he was left drowning in his cold blood to fend for himself at an abandoned corridor. the last thing he sees before losing consciousness and closing his eyes is, wild bushy honey brown hair.

The next time he opens his eyes, he's in a room with all 4 sides covered in bookshelves, except most of the books are thrown on the floor.

he's laying on a bed, bandaged from head to toe unable to move. he tries anyway only to let out a groan in pain, and thats when a woman with wild hair and glasses, wearing the plainest sweater he's ever seen, rushes into the room like as if she could hear his pain from miles away, she whispers "you're awake"

Tom learning from his mistake immediately glares at her and assumes the worst situation, he's been kidnapped.

She walks over to him and Tom is once again reminded of his weakness, unable to do anything, he maintains the glare, when she pulls out her wand and with beautiful movements casts a healing spell? his entire body was engulfed in golden light, he could move again but it still hurt.

He attempted to sit up while she walked around the room "Tom riddle, first year slytherin, grew up in an orphanage" then she stopped and turned to look at him "I'm prof Granger, your slytherin DADA teacher. now why do you think you're in my room instead of the nurse's office?"

That was the question Tom wanted to ask her, but he was grateful at the back of his head, for not being in the nurse's office where he'd be on display for the public and suffer more humiliation.

Tom clenched his fists, he wasn't going to thank her if that's what she wanted. right then a house elf appeared with porridge, and as prof granger made to take it, she said something odd "thank you missy, what would i do without you"
missy the elf blushed deep red under the compliment "oh nono professor, missy is always glad to help" and disappeared in a poof.

she blew on a spoonful of porridge, sitting down on her bed next to tom. then points the spoon towards him

was she feeding me? tom blushes and turns his face away. unbothered she eats it herself "well then lets continue our conversation" is all she says before putting away the porridge and Tom's tummy chooses to growl.

she brings the porridge over to him again, this time sitting side by side cross legged, she says "I'm not letting this porridge go to waste, either you eat it or I will" and begins devouring the porridge until tom panics and reluctantly closes his eyes, opens his mouth making an 'aaaah' sound, she smiles and turns towards him to feed him again.

the porridge tasted better than usual, tom noticed. he wouldn't admit this but he liked being fed by her, his tummy felt warmer.

once tom calmed down and wasn't being so tough anymore, still feeding him, hermione began "Tom, if you want to survive in slytherin you'll need to become stronger." this time he looked up at her with unguarded big warm eyes, the way a normal 11 year olds eyes should be "you said you were a DADA professor" watching hermione elegantly blowing on the food for him. "yes tom, i am" hermione looked up and smirked knowingly.

"once i found out you were an orphan in house slytherin, i knew taking you to the nurse's office wasn't going to help" she placed her hands on toms injured cheeks.

Tom's eyes turned cold again, "i dont need your pity" he spat.

"ofcourse not," hermione calmly replied blowing on the food, and tom found himself stealing a glance, her long light brown eyelashes fluttering behind her huge round glasses, she looks up and he quickly pushes his head downwards to hide his face.

As soon as Tom finished the last spoon of porridge hermione quickly jumped out brushing her fingers across some books placed on the far left bookshelf.

Tom now properly looked around the room. the bedsheet was a royal green color and the blanket a dark purple, a luxurious chandelier hanged from the center of the room and no matter how gorgeous the entire design and furniture of the room was like a slytherins should be, the bad shape and mess made it look like prof granger could care less.

"found it" she jumped on the bed again, kneeling across tom. he twitched and gave her a confused look, she returned it with a smirk fixing her glasses with her index finger. and proudly opened the book.

she began reading out loud in a snobby tone that reminded him of malfoy when he talks about his fathers wealth "Attack against the dark arts- a powerful guide" then she flipped through all the pages "450 pages" she recited "we'll need to get you to memorize them all by tonight." hermione looked up to see if he had the determination.

"im ready" tom answered, both of them staring into eachothers eyes.
.
.
.
the next morning Tom is the first to wake up in hermiones warm embrace, he finds his hands hugging her back and her breath on his forehead, their legs intertwined and this is his first time.

the first time tom experiences something similar to a mothers embrace.

he closes his eyes and goes back to sleep, something he could rarely do in the orphanage.

Im new to writing so tell me if you want me to add or fix anything, also please give me ideas and feel free to ask any questions you have about the story or me.