Lunch

Summary:

*insert side eye emoji at this chapter*

“For the last time Monoma; When you come into the situation where a child is overstimulated and isn’t hurting themselves, you do not pick up them up or touch them!

“But how do we get them out of there then? And why not?

Izuku was surprised his Auntie hadn’t cracked and smacked the boy, though he knew she probably wanted to more than anything at the moment.

“If you let me finish, rather than interrupting me every five seconds, I might be able to explain.”

Izuku could hear the boy grumbling and he could only hope Kacchan was shooting the boy enough death glares for the both of them.

“Anyone other than Monoma, please answer this; Say you’ve just defeated and apprehended a villain, and I’m a child you find who is panicking, my quirk is acting out… what should you do? Yes, Koda?”

“First, make sure they aren’t hurting themselves; if they are, try to get them to stop while outright touching them as little as possible until they’ve calmed down... if they’re not hurting themselves or anyone around them, approach slowly and let them know you’re there. Find out what might be triggering them and removing it if it’s there…”

“Finally, someone with some common sense! That’s probably the best course of action you can take until you learn more about the kid and what’s wrong. The reason I’m trying to tell you that grabbing them outright is the worst possible scenario is because when a child is too overstimulated, they’re probably too overwhelmed to tell you what’s wrong or to tell you to stop, so the most logical thing for them to do in order to get the bad thing away, which in this case would be you touching them, would to be to physically lash out and hurt you… and potentially those around you as well, depending on the quirk… I’d love to tell you punks more, but I think copycat over here used up all the time we had for today, but don’t worry; you’ll be seeing me quite a bit from here on out; Principal Nezdu has invited me to give you punks everything you’ll need over the next couple months, once every two weeks, when my schedule allows it. As for right now though, go eat some food, punks.”

Mitsuki didn’t think she’d ever seen a boy leave a room as fast as that Monoma kid had as soon as she was allowed to dismiss all of them. She really wanted to cover more ground, but that punk just had to decide he was the most important thing in the room and use up 95% of her lecture time. How the hell did Inko put up with high schoolers all day every day anyways?

As Mitsuki gathered her things and made her way to leave the room, she was stopped b the small rodent like Principal, who was smiling and spoke cheerfully.

“Mrs. Bakugou, thank you again for doing this for the students. How would you say they faired?”

“I’ll be honest with you Sir; Koda was the only one who had a shred of common sense. Everyone else was either too headstrong, ignorant or didn’t feel like speaking up. I know it’s not my place to ask, but if it’s possible to reel in that Monoma kid’s attitude while I’m trying to explain, that would be a tremendous help.”

“but of course! I will talk to Vlad on the matter! But look at the time; You must be hungry Mrs. Bakugou! Before you leave campus, I insist you join us in the staff room for lunch! I’m sure Inko would be delighted!”

Nezdu moved to open and hold the door out of the classroom as he spoke, smiling ever so cheerfully and Mitsuki couldn’t help but silently compare it to…. something that made her skin crawl with unease… still, she couldn’t say no to seeing Inko, could she?