Moving day

Summary:

It's the day of the big move

The Midoryia household was bustling with motion as the four occupants double and triple checked their belongings as they finally gathered at the entrance, readying themselves to travel to U.A, Inko fussing to the three boys quietly.

“Do you three have everything you need? All your school supplies and anything extra you forgot to send to the dorms already? Everyone has my phone number, right?”

Izuku sighed as he shifted his backpack semi-nervously before speaking, the two other boys following his lead quickly.

“Yes Mom, everything’s here.”

“I believe I sent everything and my supplies are all accounted for Auntie.”

“I have my bag and everything, Ms. Inko… and Todoroki put your number in my phone, so I think I’m set.”

Inko smiled brightly as she nodded and opened the door, turning to face them once more.

“Mitsuki asked us to bring Katsuki with us today; She doesn’t want him going by himself and starting a fight somewhere.”

The three boys nodded and quietly followed their guardian, quietly chatting amongst themselves as they did so. The trip was relatively short, Inko and Izuku having traveled countless times to the Bakugou household, the ashen blond himself waiting outside as he yelled profanities to his mother, who was watching from the doorway, stopping mid-response to smile and wave towards the oncoming group.

“Hey squirt, nice to see you out and about! Be sure to keep Katsuki out of too much trouble, yeah?”

Before Izuku could respond, his friend took it upon himself to snap back only semi-aggressively.

“Shut the fuck up, you old hag! I’m the one who’s going to keep Deku out of trouble!”

Inko sighed before calmly leading the fuming boy towards the other boys, one of whom seemed indifferent, while the other’s eyes were full of either terror or shock, which Mitsuki noticed and laughed good-naturedly.

“Relax kid; the yelling is just a family thing.”

Hitoshi wasn’t convinced, but nor was he willing to argue with the yelling woman with a literally explosive son… so he found himself nodding and trying to hide his face in embarrassment. He was silently thankful when Inko gave a huge smile and lead the four boys away from the Bakugou household and towards the train station, only partially paying attention to whatever Bakugou was shouting.

As the group left, Mitsuki couldn’t help but crack a smile and snap a picture from her camera phone, turning to call her husband, who looked slightly exhausted as she held her screen up for him to see.

“Honey look; It’s a momma duck leading a squad of ducklings.”

The look of pure confusion from her husband’s face caused Mitsuki to burst into fits of laughter and was totally worth it, in her opinion.

******

Koda shifted nervously as he knocked on the large door leading to the principal’s office. He didn’t know why he had been asked to come to campus early, and he especially didn’t understand why he was asked to see Principal Nezdu… to the best of his understanding, he hadn’t done anything wrong. A moment after his knock, Koda heard the principal’s voice call for him to enter, which he did hesitantly. Inside the room was, of course, the Principal himself and a man Koda knew he’d seen before, but didn’t entirely know.