Chapter 17:What Makes You Happy

Trixie's POV

"Come on baby, just a kiss."

"Ew, no. Piss off." I grabbed my top and walked out of the private pink dance room. I hate private dances but I was in such a good mood that I tried. And well here I was, regretting it.

"Hey I said give me a kiss."

"And I said piss off old man."

"Fine, how about you get that blonde you were with before and I watch you two? She looks like she gives it to you good."

"As fucking if."

"Bitches like you are just a waste. A waste of good looks. Come on, it's just a kiss." The man grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him. He wrapped his arm around my back, I could smell the cheap beer on his breathe. He was drunk before he even got here, plus he ordered shots from the bar. He was a drunken mess. He was so drunk that his words ran together and almost seemed to form some unknown language. I could tell that he had an faint accent but his slurring made it hard to fully pinpoint where he was from.

"Let me go, last warning."

"Or what? Come on, let's have some fun." The bearded man pulled me back into the private dance room. "Such a waste, stop struggling."

"Let me the fuck go." I kneed the man in his gut, making him fall to the ground. I connected the tip of my white platform high heel to his leg. I put weight on the heel causing the room to be filled with the man's screams. "Men like you are a waste. Don't come near me again or I'll have that blonde to beat the shit out of you." I bent over and took the man's wallet. "You gave me $300 but I'm taking the rest of this as compensation for you wasting my time." I threw the wallet at the man's face as I looked at him.

"Trixie?! Baby, are you okay?" I turned to see Katya standing in the doorway. There was worry written all over her face.

"Yeah, why?"

"Aja told me she heard you yell at him when she was walking by the room. She came and got me."

"I'm okay. Aja can you get Tim to come get this trash."

"Yeah." Aja rushed down the velvet stairs to get the bouncer.

"Baby, are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay Katya. Don't worry."

"Trixie, sweetie? Where are you?" I looked past Katya to see Michelle rushing to me.

"Are you okay? Why did you try this? You know you aren't comfortable with it. Did he pressure you into it?" Michelle put her hand on my cheek as she smiled weakly.

"I'm okay Michelle and no. I decided on my own." Michelle turned to Katya and sighed.

"Can you take her home?

"Yes."

"Thank you and Trixie you don't have to worry about this man. He is banned from ever coming here again. Keep whatever you got from him."

"Thanks Michelle." Katya softly grabbed my hand and walked us down the stairs. I waved bye to my friends as we walked outside. Katya was silent. I hated when she was quiet. Usually the drive to Katya's house was nice and peaceful. We would talk about our day and what we would do the next day. "Katya?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you upset with me?"

"No."

"You seem upset."

"I'm not."

"Liar." Katya sighed as she tighten her grip on the stirring wheel.

"Trixie, you know that you are very important to me right?"

"Yes."

"And I would kill someone for you?"

"I keep telling you that I don't need that, but yes."

"You know that your happiness means a lot to me?"

"Katya, yes I know all of this."

"Good, now with all that being said, you should quit."

"What?"

"Trixie, that job isn't for someone like you. Men are pigs who don't respect anyone."

"Katya.."

"Trixie, you mean too much to me. I would kill every single man that looks at you the wrong way. I say that because Trixie, I want to kill all the men in that fucking club. Every single one of them that look at you, touch you, or even think about you. I can't do that though, but I would if I could. Michelle does what she can but she can only do so much."

"The other girls go through this stuff too, it's not just me."

"Well damn it Trixie, I am not interested in the other girls." Katya slammed her hand on the stirring wheel, making me jump.

"Ka.." Katya pulled the car over on the side of the road and got out. "Katya, get back here." I opened the door and followed Katya. "Katya, stop!"

"Trixie, get back in the car."

"No, what the hell wrong with you? Look at me!" Katya turned quickly and faced me.

"I care about you Trixie. But I can't say that is wrong because it isn't. I got mad, no I got pissed. That is what's wrong. I got mad because I want to protect you but you won't fucking let me. I'm mad because I don't want anyone to touch you or treat you any less than I do. I hate that you work at that place because I fear for your safety." Katya leaned against a tree as she chuckled. "Solnyhska muya..muya krasavitsa..my baby." I stood in front of Katya and softly held her hands.

"Katya, I'm okay."

"What if I'm gone and I can't see you? What if I can't check on you, make sure you are okay? What if something happens and you aren't okay? I would lock you away if I could."

"That doesn't sound crazy at all." I smiled at Katya as she laughed.

"You're my princess so a castle sounds right. Just locked away in a tower."

"Katya, your crazy is showing."

"I can't help but feel that way about you." Katya put her hand on my cheek as she looked at me. "I always thought my father was crazy because he was so protective. I remember he broke a man's arm because he let the door close in my mother's face. I thought he was crazy but I know how that feels," Katya took a deep breathe and smiled. "You do what makes you happy okay? I'm sorry that I got upset."

"I understand why you did, but I can handle myself Katya. I don't want you fussing over me."

"I'll try."

"That is good enough." I kissed Katya and I couldn't help but smile into her kiss. "Can we go to your house now? It's cold."

"Sure baby."

After Katya and I ate dinner, she said she has a surprise for me. "Katya, hurry up!"

"I'm coming! Be patient. Your eyes better be closed also."

"They are!"

"Stop whining." I heard Katya sit on the floor in front of me and felt her put something kind of heavy in my lap. "Okay dorogaya open your eyes." I quickly opened my eyes and looked down. There was a pink box with a huge white bow in my lap. "Well, go on open it." I opened the box and gasped when I saw what was inside.

"Katya, she is so pretty." I lifted a tiny white puppy out of the box. "Oh my god." The puppy barked and licked my face. "She's the cutest."

"I'm glad you like her." Katya smiled as she stood up and sat next to me. "You have to give her a name."

"Hmm, Beauté."

"Beauty, huh?"

"Yep."

"Why?"

"Because she's a gift from a beautiful person."

"Awe, I think you may be cuter that Beauté." Katya leaned in and kissed me, with her hand on my cheek.