Candy Thieves

You waited patiently outside the little shop. Your mouth watering and stomach growling. People of all ages walked in and out all day. The moment the shop closes for the night, that's when you'll have your fun!

After forever passed, the shop closed and you went into action. All the different flavors were absolutely delectable~! You popped one of everything in your mouth to see what each sweet tasted like. Wrappers that you weren't going to pick up littered the floor.

For a couple months now, you had been to every candy store you could find. And everytime you found one, you raided it the night of.

After a while, people began calling you the "Sugar Child", because of your addiction to sugar. Most people didn't really care about you too much except for the owners of the places you were more likely to ambush: Candy stores.

Often you would find one when you got hungry and hold a stake out. Each time you did your job, the place would be a wreck with few candies that were spared. Usually [Favorite Candy] would be out of stock completely. Even wrappers were missing.

So far, you never have to worry about much. Except tonight was an exception. Someone had seen you and pointed out your existence. The blonde threw a couple rocks at you as well. Unfortunately, their plan was flawed for the rocks had shattered a window and an alarm went off.

You and him quickly left the area. He left something behind though. You didn't know what it was, but it looked pretty. The object reminded you of a ring of some sort. Just like how one would use a ring, you put the object in your finger. It dangled a little which made you giggle.

But more important matters were needed to be acknowledged now. Where would you go? Normally you stay a while and then shadow someone until you catch wind of another place with incredible amounts of sugar. But now you couldn't do that.

With your poor judgment, you followed the boy to wherever he was heading. Back as soon as you saw who else was with him, you backed out from fear. This boy was chatting with an exorcist. That meant he could be an exorcist too.

Terrified, you ran to some other place. Eventually the scent of candy got your attention and you ended up at a building. It was really, really big compared to you. It was still nighttime but you could see movement in the building. A party? Figuratively, a light bulb turned on in your head. There had to be some type of sweet in there.

You ran excitedly towards the building. The building's name was on a sign. Kamome Academy. You didn't understand what that meant but you went inside anyways. You were greeted with emptiness and silence. There was no one in sight. About a minute passed until you heard noise come from upstairs. Curious, you headed in that direction.

The noise came from a room that had a lot of desks. Inside were multiple people. Except they weren't people, they were supernaturals just like you.

There was a fox, a creepy spider man, a girl, some bird, and a couple others. You also noticed a young boy that seemed to be the leader. What they were talking about didn't make sense to you so you left. Unfortunately, you tripped on something that you were positive wasn't there earlier. The noise attracted the attention of the supernaturals in the room. They looked scary and strong! You picked up the mysterious item and ran back down the hall, hoping that they didn't see you.

Once you were positive that you were out of sight, your back faced a wall while you fell slowly to the ground. You looked at the object in your hand. It was a weird book. It had drawings and writing in it. You didn't think much of it. But you were curious when it disappeared out of your hands. The thing had vanished!

Your eyes widened and you looked around in each direction. To your right was nothing. But to your left, you noticed more objects. Books, plants, towels, even a wooden statue. But the thing that caught your eye most was:

"Candy!" You couldn't hide your excitement. You were a child, and it was practical instinct to crave the sugary treat. As you reached out to grab it, your hand touched with another's.

"Huh?" A rabbit... Thing. It was pink and reminded you of the marshmallow candy that you see around April. And it wasn't a hand you collided with, but ear-like limbs that were attached to this strange supernatural.

You poked it with your free hand to see how it would react. It only looked annoyed as you did that. Meanwhile, another was furiously digging through your pockets.

"Hey! You meany thief!" It held a few pieces of candy that you had stolen and looked at you. The creature did it's best to give you puppy dog eyes. You did your best to remain strong, but in the end you were putty for the cute supernatural.

"Yeah, OK. You can have it." As soon as you said those words, it smiled with glee. However, a bunch more from around the corner came, each seeming to want candy too. With a sigh, you started to empty your pockets. They were endless and you couldn't even feel the bottom. Inside of your pockets were pounds and pounds of candy.

They all seemed so happy. It was because they were happy, you were happy. You started laughing. You were so happy that you didn't hear the footsteps behind you.

"So, this is the other supernatural I saw?" The voice startled you. You slowly looked behind you to see a boy in uniform. He towered over you and smirked. "You're pretty small for a ghost. Mind telling me what you're doing here?"

You shook your head. "Nuh-uh! You're a stranger!" You stuck your tongue out. After popping a piece of candy in your mouth, you grabbed a couple of the rabbit creatures and took off.

You thought you were pretty slick, running away from him. But he was at the other corner when you ran into him.

"Clearly you're not that old mentally... How long has it been since you died?"

"At least 17 years..." You pouted. The pink supernaturals you liked offered you [Favorite Candy]. The area around you both started to become lighter, signaling morning.

"Thank goodness it's a school day..." He looked at your finger. The ring you took was still there. He smirked. "Thank goodness indeed."

"What's your name?" You asked. You were curious now. He hasn't harmed you too much, and didn't take any of your sugary loot. Plus, he seemed to be much more older and mature by supernatural standards.

"You can call me Hanako. Stay with me for a bit..."

"[Name]!"

"Stay with me for a bit, [Name]. I have some people I want you to meet later. I'm sure the Mokke were nice. They love sweet things."

Mokke? Was that what the rabbits were called? How cute! You began to like the Mokke and Hanako. And you couldn't wait to meet these other people Hanako was talking about. You wondered what those supernaturals would look like...

...
[I really should be working on other things... I came up with this on a whim. I thought it was cute, but I don't know when I'll work on it again. Hopefully soon! Also, Reader-Chan isn't going to meet many supernaturals. She's gonna meet Kou and Nene!]