Candy Thieves Part 5

Your brain was having a difficult time processing his words. It looked like Sakura and Natsuhiko were as well. Hanako's clone made all of your minds work harder to comprehend the situation.

"What?"

"What?"

"My Lady...?"

Sakura and you said the same thing in unison. You had no idea what he was talking about, while Sakura seemed to have some basic idea. Natsuhiko was shocked. You were very confused. Sakura was very concerned. Natsuhiko just seemed broken.

"Tsukasa, I think you have the wrong—"

"Secret child..." Natsuhiko interrupted. "We already have this shrimpy runt. Taking in [Name] wasn't meant to be seen like that... I'm too young and handsome to deal with this... My Lady hasn't even admitted her feelings yet..."

Do they know him?

"Sakura, Natsuhiko. Who's he?" You asked.

It looked like Sakura was trying to mentally prepare herself. She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose before speaking.

"[Name], this is Tsukasa. He—"

Tsukasa ran past you. He headed towards her and jumped on top of her. He wrapped his arms and legs around her torso, clinging onto her the best he can. Sakura somehow appeared both bothered and unaffected by his actions.

Being interrupted twice didn't look fun. You felt bad for Sakura. But you felt worse for Natsuhiko. The redhead seemed to have gotten over Tsukasa's words. However, now, he looked like he was in physical pain.

"Aah! Get of off her, you shrimp!" He shrieked. "My Lady deserves personal space! Only kabedon by me is allowed!"

It didn't seem possible, but Sakura looked even more annoyed. Of course, how she displays annoyance is similar to how she displays almost every other emotion: As stoic as possible. However, Sakura did seem to have that aura one has when they're aggravated.

"Natsuhiko," she began, "for the sake of my sanity, I'm going to pretend that you did not just say that. Also, Tsukasa, let go please."

"Kabedon?" You questioned. "What is that?"

Tsukasa looked down at you. He didn't want to listen to Sakura. Clinging to her like a koala gave him more height. Feeling tall felt nice. He wasn't going to give it up.

"It's something couples do. Except Natsuhiko and Sakura aren't a couple. They're like a dog and a passerby. Which is why it's so weird to see you!" He finally gave Sakura some air. Tsukasa floated over to you, being higher than you. His eyes studied you. "Who even are you anyways? Some sugar ghost combo?" His lips then curled into a smile. "Do you have a rumor that you're aware of? If you don't like it, I can always—"

"No thank you!" You said with a smile, a smile that shielded a part of you.

You knew better than to mess with rumors. That's something that humans take care of. There is no way you're messing with the rules.

At least... Not yet anyways...

It was stupid, really. But you wanted it. You wanted it so, so badly. You wanted to be comforted—you wanted a family. Every child deserves one. Why were you deprived of one? It wasn't your fault... Was it?