Candy Thieves Part 4

"What told you this was a good idea? What gave you the motivation to do this?" A girl asked. "I'm pretty sure this is kidnapping."

You couldn't see what she looked like since she was hiding behind a door. However, you could see her eyes, though. There was slider that she used to see Natsuhiko and you. Her eyes were pretty and green and yellow, but looked very scary. She seemed upset when she saw you and Natsuhiko. Was this Natsuhiko's Lady? So far, she didn't seem like a princess... And if she is, then she's a very scary princess...

"Well, what else was I going to do?"

"Leave her where you found her."

Her voice was stoic and very monotone. She didn't sound like she was experiencing any emotion. Does that mean she's a "dead inside" person? You wondered. You didn't fully understand what that term meant, but she appears to fit the requirements for it.

"My Lady, please. She had nowhere else to go! I doubt the Mokke would wonder where she went..." He mumbled. "Besides, you already watch over the runt. What's one more ghost?"

"What's one less club member?" She retorted.

Natsuhiko paused. You saw him blink rapidly before a smile came upon his face. He had an idea. He forget about the threat quickly and tried to initiate a new plan. Natsuhiko looked down at you. You smiled and waved at him. He waved and smiled back.

"What's one more friend for the runt?" He asked. "There's more to this idea too. I'll even share the best part if you let us in~!"

Silence.

Suddenly, you heard her voice again from the other side.

"... I don't like what you're insisting." She sighed. "But come inside anyways..."

You could hear the sound of locks being undone. Judging from the sound of it, they must have been a barrel bolt and a chain lock. With the right tools, they would be easy for you to open. Before the door opened, Natsuhiko gave you a high five. He knew that the person on the other side of the door would cave in eventually. But he wanted to make it look like the two of you had accomplished something big.

"Welcome to Broadcasting Club, [Name]!" He whispered with excitement.

The door finally opened. You were greeted by the girl Natsuhiko called Lady. While that being her name seems unlikely, you never know. You decided to call her Lady since that was what Natsuhiko called her.

Her hair was a unique shade of green. She kept it in a bob with uneven bangs. You noticed that she had braids in her hair as well. Figuring out how to braid short hair is an amazing skill. She might be able to braid other types of hair too. Would she be able to braid your hair if you asked nice enough?

Lady looked tired; Her eyes were half open. You couldn't tell if that was natural or not. You liked her outfit more than Nene's. It was a beautiful dress with a black and purple ombré change. Dozens of white stars decorated it as well. The most notable feature, however, was her big red brooch. It looked just like a giant ruby! Perhaps she really was a princess...

"Wow, Lady!" You exclaimed. "You're so pretty! Are you a real princess?"

She looked surprised and shocked. You ran up to her and hugged her. She had no idea what to do. Her expression changed slightly as she looked at Natsuhiko.

"How contagious is your personality? How long have you been with this child?"

"Probably between twenty minutes to half an hour. Why?"

She didn't verbally respond—just shook her head. Her attention turned back to you. While she still looked bothered by the situation, she tried her best not to let you see it. As she crouched down to your size, you noticed a small smile on her face.