Mark Beaks x Reader: Fame? What about it?

The picture above is my old art back from 2020! Check out my IG: chaoticxrtzz

February 29, 2020: First Published

February 20, 2023: Edited 

NEW A/N: I'll be editing some of my chapters since some things bothered me - plus I'm rewatching the show again so... Yeah. I may add new chapters, but for now, I just want to revise these old chapters.

~~~

3rd Person POV

"What a long day..." Mark sighed to himself while walking around the streets of Duckburg. It had been a busy day for him in Waddle, so he decided to walk a bit to clear off some thoughts. He may seem like a carefree person, but it was sort of a facade to cope with the heavy burden of having a large and successful company.

2:10 PM

He saw a nearby coffee shop and decided to get his 2:15 coffee. He walked into the shop as people stared at him in awe. Mark loved the attention and all, but sometimes it could get overwhelming: especially if you're stressed from work. It stirs up irritability when others pester you if you wish for peace. Oh, how he wished he was treated as a normal citizen. The attention he receives can lead to disaster sometimes, such as his fans chasing after him, calling and yelling for him for selfies, and people staring at him uncomfortably. He ignored all the mumbling and walked toward the counter to order his 2:15 coffee.

2:12

"Mark Beaks! What's a famous billionaire doing in a simple coffee shop?" The female cashier squealed a bit at the sight of her idol in her workplace.

Mark sighed and replied: "I'm a very busy person, okay? I don't have time to answer all your questions. I'll have a coffee with almond-infused foam, not almonds in my foam. Infused foam understood?" He said in a stern voice while swiping through InstaQuack.

"Yes, sir!" She eagerly responds.

"And oh, I want my coffee at exactly 2:15! 2:15! Got it? I will not drink that coffee if it is served early or late!" Mark said, making the cashier nervous at the thought of messing up.

"Y-Yes, sir..." She said and made her way to swiftly make his order.

2:13

He was looking for a place to sit, but the cafe seemed crowded. He kept going in circles in the cafe, looking for a vacant seat, but people just stared at him in awe, accompanied by whispers and gossip. Some even gestured for him to sit with them, but he was weirded out by the way they looked at him.

To his dismay, a vacant chair with a female sitting on a two-seat table occupied the area. She wasn't paying attention to her surroundings since she seemed to be occupied with her phone.

"Umm, excuse me m-?" Mark was cut off as the lady shushed him. He waited silently for her approval to sit with her at the table. After one press from her phone, she placed her phone in her bag and faced Mark. "Now, what was it, sir?" She asked politely, making Mark a bit surprised. He thought she was gonna fangirl over him, but he was wrong. She acted like she didn't know him even though he was well-known in Duckburg.

"Oh yes! May I sit with you since all the tables are occupied?" He asked, still unsure what was going on - a part of him was infuriated that someone didn't know him and didn't treat him like a celebrity.

"Sure, knock yourself out." She said as he took a seat.

He sat in silence as the girl looked at him cluelessly. Mark thought of introducing himself since maybe that would make the girl notice her? Surely a ring of a bell is what she needs to refresh her memory of who's sitting across from her. He takes a sharp breath as he puts on his cheery persona. "The name's Mark Beaks! What's yours?"