Six: Kao

《Author Note: Hey guys! I've been sick for a couple of days so I got a chance to relax and work on this a bit. I realized as I was proof-reading that I switched tenses about halfway through so I had to go back and fix that. 🤦‍♀️ I hope you like this chapter! It may be my favorite! 😍 Enjoy! ♡》

Kao's heart pounded in his chest. Had he heard correctly? Did Earth really just confess his love for him? Did Earth really just kiss him? He couldn't believe it! Kao had to admit he felt something. Was it love? He didn't know. Kao only knew that he was inexplicably drawn to the small body trembling beneath him.

A blush started to creep up on Earth's cheeks and Kao smiled as Earth raised his hands up to cover his face.

"I'm sorry, P'Kao," Earth said, his voice muffled by his hands. He took a deep breath and peeked out from behind his fingers.

"I...I've loved you for a long time, P'Kao. I think since that time you helped the rabbit that had it's foot caught in a root. That's when I saw your heart and I knew I loved you. I just wanted to kiss you, just once, before you have to leave. Our worlds are very different and soon you will have to go back to your world and forget all about us." Earth turned his face away, a sad smile playing on his lips.

The thought of leaving made Kao's heart race. He knew he couldn't leave, not now. Kao would never be able to forget Earth; the breathtaking person who made his heart coo.

Kao gently slid is hand along Earth's jawline and turned his face back toward him. His heart pained to see tears threatening to spill over those chocolate-brown eyes. Kao knew he would regret it if he didn't do this...

Tenderly, Kao found Earth's lips with his own, and the younger one took in a breath. One kiss turned into two, then into three as Earth wrapped his arms around Kao's neck to pull him closer. Their lips searched each other, hungry, almost desperate. Earth shivered at Kao's touch when his hand grazed the skin just below the hem of Earth's shirt. Kao could feel Earth melt into his arms and he never wanted to let go. For a moment, they forgot everything around them. They forgot the world. It was only the two of them.

The kiss ended too soon and they pulled away from each other, their foreheads touching. Earth let out a little giggle which made Kao laugh. Earth smiled up at Kao, but the smile faded into a look of confusion when Earth's gaze focused on something behind Kao.

"What the..." Earth gently pushed Kao to sit up and for the first time, Kao noticed something different. They were surrounded by a wall of hydrangeas!

"Did I...? But...? How...?" Earth stuttered. He touched his lips then looked back and forth between Kao and the flowers that definitely weren't there before.

Then, Earth's eyes went as wide as the hydrangea blooms.

"P'BOUN!" Earth shouted toward the entrance to the cave. "Come here! Quick!"

Kao was confused. What was going on? He looked up as not one, but four bodies appeared in the entrance.

"Well, well, what has been going on in here?" the silver-haired boy asked with a knowing smirk as he surveyed the scene.

Kao saw Earth's face go red but the boy continued to talk anyway. "I didn't do it on purpose! All I was thinking about was P'Kao and...and then when I opened my eyes, I noticed the flowers!"

"Well, that would explain how the hydrangeas popped up," Fluke said. "If Kao is all you could think about, it would make sense that you grew his favorite flower. Kind of romantic, actually!" Fluke beamed.

Then, it was like a lightbulb went on in Earth's head as he grasped at Kao's hand.

"P'Kao! I need you to think about growing another flower."

Kao eyed Earth with confusion and Earth pouted.

"Please, P'Kao! It's important! Trust me. Think about growing a flower!"

Kao closed his eyes and did as he was asked until he heard Earth gasp and whipped his eyes back open again to see another row of hydrangeas blooming.

"Look!" Earth exclaimed, pointing excitedly at the flowers. "I made sure I only grew one flower, but look how many more came up!"

"But there's no way...is there?" Prem asked.

"That would mean he doesn't have to leave, right?" Earth asked hopefully.

"We have to be positive first," said Ohm.

Kao looked back and forth between the 5 Elementals as they went on until he couldn't take it anymore.

"HEY!"

Everyone froze and looked at him.

"Will someone PLEASE tell me what is going on here?!"

Boun crossed to him and placed a hand on Kao's shoulder, looking him in the eye.

"It seems we have found the Spirit of Light we have been desperately searching for. P'Kao, you are one of us."