𝐭𝐰𝐨

I hated working out

I hated working out.

But if I wanted to stay on the cheer squad, I'd have to stay very disciplined when it came to my health and physical appearance.

Plus it wouldn't look good on my part if I was the size of a whale and called Leroy an elephant every chance I got.

I had been jogging on the treadmill for a little over twenty minutes, the steady pace and long duration was more than enough to make anyone's limbs sore.

My phone was firmly on my arm as my workout playlist boomed from my airpods through my ears causing a reverberation within all sections of my brain.

Just the way I liked it.

A groan escaped my lips as Freddie Mercury's voice suddenly comes to a pause, as my ringtone took over. I stopped the treadmill's activity and turned my phone on.

Elliot.

I impatiently placed my hands on my hips, waiting for it to stop ringing.

I huffed, Deep down I knew the only upside to having Elliot as a boyfriend were the cute selfies and the envious looks I got from girls when I talked about him at an obnoxiously loud volume.

I'm glad I rebelled from my father as much as I did, knowing that he probably would've forced me into a relationship with one of his partners' friends with the expectation that we'd get married and live happily ever after on a private island with five kids.

I took a look at the time on my lock screen, only then realizing that I had already been here for over an hour.

"Kendra." Rowland's voice made my frustration turn into irritation within seconds. "Hi." He smiled charmingly once my brown eyes came in contact with his sage green ones.

"So you're following me now?" I asked, unimpressed.

He pulled a face, as though my allegations could never be probable. "Woah." He stepped onto the treadmill right next to me, out of all the ones there. "You know almost all of Eldridge's athletes gym here right?" I crossed my arms over my chest firmly, practically glaring daggers at him simply because I could.

"Unfortunately, your father isn't a shareholder here." He mocked typing briefly on his phone.

I scoffed. "You say that like your father isn't stamping their company's name on every single building." I'm pretty sure his family owned an architectural firm, but I was certain it had something to do with bulidings, summary being; he was from a wealthy family. I only hung around people who were of upper class genealogy, because I didn't want my father's money to be the main reason that was envied about me.