Chapter 1:

Today was my first day of 12th grade, dang I'm getting old. Anyways, I'm just glad my favorite subject is first: music. I check social media once more before I leave, specifically Vine. My favorite Viner (Thomas Samders) uploaded 2 new vines. Misleading Compliments and a first day of school Vine. His hands rest on his face as he "cries". 'School is among us.' The description box said. I smirk and turn off my phone and out in my back pocket. I grab my backpack and sling it on one shoulder.

I sneak downstairs, hoping not to wake my step father. Luckily I didn't. I go to the bus stop and wait about 8 minutes before the bus arrives. I step up the bus steps and keep my head low, others staring at me and murmuring to each other.

I put earbuds in both ears and stare out the window, my warm breath causing vapor to appear, so I wrote my name, ELISE, all capitals. All of a sudden a larger girl pushes my face against the window.

"You like that slut? Huh? You like making out with windows?" Jane Willowz, my bully, her black her nearly covering her face, her brown eyes glaring at me and laughing at my pain. The bus stops I front of a building, I've never been more happy to arrive at school. I pushed Jane off me and ran off the bus to music hall. My eyes widened when I saw Mr. Wiggains, my music teacher. I pull him in a hug, overjoyed since he was my favorite teacher. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up. He lost his voice box but he couldn't talk, so we had to learn since language. I taught the class since I had a deaf cousin, but she taught me. It continued on.

I sit by my special guitar and start strumming, then continued on singing. I ended up singing The One That Got Away. I never noticed the whole class come in and turn their attention to me. I bowed and smiled when I finished, applause filled my ears. I even noticed a certain pair of eyes focused on me. He seemed familiar. I knew him, and his name was Thomas Sanders.