Chapter two

Two years...

...being in hiding pass and Mephiles goes out, night has fallen and there are inhabitants out and looking for Mephiles to re-seal him. Mephiles continues sneaking around in the shadows and reaches a house, not too far away from his own. He goes to the door and knocks.

As for Silver, he's in his house as the door is knocked. Curious, he answers the door to find Mephiles at the door.

"Meph, what're you doing here?" Silver asks

"All I did was come out for a while, and then I start sensing other Mobians coming after me." Mephiles answers

"Come on in then, it's cold out."

Mephiles enters Silver's house and admires his surroundings. Silver notices.

"Like what you see?"

"Yes, I do."

"Now, tell me. Why have you been in hiding?"

"The main reason is to stop bumping into Mobians that want me re-sealed. The other reason is, everyone still hates me for what happened fourteen years ago."

Mephiles lowers his ears, to receive a kiss on the cheek from Silver.

"It's great to see you again, though. Even if the circumstances aren't that great."

"Yeah, same back to you. There's something I've been wanting to ask for the past two years."

"How come you've not asked yet?"

"Nerves and being afraid to. Please, just don't do a Shadow on me."

"I won't, just take your time."

Mephiles breathes, composing himself then...

"I was wondering, if you'd be my boyfriend." Mephiles says, blushing

Silver quickly blushes, flattered and unsure. After a while...

"I'd love to be your boyfriend, Mephiles. I've wanted to ask you the same thing."

Mephiles and Silver are soon in a loving, soothing embrace. Then the front door knocks. Silver answers, to find Shadow at the door, furious.

"Oh, Shadow. What're you doing here?" Silver asks

"Mephiles is in your house, I can feel it." Shadow answers, pissed off

"Why are you after Mephiles?"

"We need to talk."

In silence, Silver lets Shadow in his house as Shadow storms towards Mephiles, still furious.

"And what are you doing in Silver's house?!" Shadow asks, unimpressed

"That's none of your concern. What do you want me for?" Mephiles responds and asks

"My girlfriend and fiancée have been wondering about your whereabouts. Finding you closer to our home is one thing."

"Besides that, what do Sapphire and Amy want? They've got you."

"That's not what they're after. They want to help stop you from getting re-sealed."

"Oh, I get it. You're sceptical about me staying out. Look, I've told you I'm not after evil any more. I've spent those years sealed and seen the damage I've caused."

"I find that very hard to believe."

"Shadow, he's telling the truth. Mephiles has been in hiding because he doesn't want to be re-sealed and he's got a new purpose to find." Silver says in Mephiles' defence