Chapter three

More time...

...the next afternoon arrives, the destruction is worse than before, and residents are running for their lives. As for Silver, he's at home weak, for some strange reason.

'What's happening to me? I feel so tired, I can't move...' Silver thinks to himself

Silver soon throws up; as if on cue for yesterday, on his lounge floor, passing out in the process. As for Mephiles, he senses Silver's weakness.

'Silver, he's very weak and has passed out. I still can't get outta here to save him...' Mephiles thinks out loud

"If I knew magic to reverse the mesh, I'd help you out. But I'm a regular hedgehog who loves causin' trouble." Scourge responds

"You heard me?!"

"Well, I'm in the same place as you. 'Course I'm gonna hear you if you think out loud."

'The disadvantages of having a cellmate.' Mephiles thinks to himself

Soon, Scourge breaks into Mephiles' cell, to search for a weakness within the mesh. He uses his hands to find the weak point and rips it apart, getting hurt in the process.

"What did you do that for?"

"I'm setting you free, Silver needs you more than this place ever will. Now go, I'd better get back in my cell."

Mephiles nods as he teleports away, and Scourge gets back into his cell. Blaze quickly realises that her mesh has been broken and races to the cells, to find Mephiles missing.

"Where are Sonic and Mephiles?!" Blaze asks Scourge, pissed off

"Why would I tell you that? I'm a criminal, kitty cat." Scourge responds, with a smirk on his face

"Tell me where they are!"

"No can do, missy."

Blaze quickly races to Station Square, to find Sonic with Shadow, Sticks, Amy and Knuckles.

"Why are you here?!" Blaze asks, pissed off

"Am I not allowed out? Also, my life not yours." Sonic responds

"Besides the point, Mephiles has escaped."

"Why do I care? He doesn't need re-sealing; you need sending back to your home."

"Where is Mephiles the Dark?!"

"What is it to you? You only want him re-sealing because of his name, Blaze the Cat." Shadow responds, unimpressed

Blaze is quickly infuriated as she charges into Shadow, for him to push her back with a Chaos Blast.

"Nice try, didn't work though."

"Where is Mephiles?"

"Neither of us know. We were on our way to Silver's before you showed up." Sonic responds, unimpressed

Sticks and Amy soon restrain Blaze, before Sonic gets attacked. Shadow and Sonic continue their route to Silver's house. As for Mephiles, he's already at Silver's house as he notices Silver passed out and approaches.

"Silver, can you hear me?" Mephiles asks, to receive no response soon adding "Don't worry, babe. I'll get you somewhere safe and clean up."

Mephiles kisses Silver's forehead as he picks him up and takes him to his bed. Mephiles is careful not to cover Silver, in case he comes around and wants to move. Mephiles then goes downstairs and cleans the lounge, also clearing the areas where Silver threw up. A couple of hours pass, Mephiles finishes and falls asleep on the couch.