Chapter five

Two months...

...Mephiles is out of hospital and waiting for changes in Sapphire's condition, in the waiting room. A doctor soon approaches him, it's Lucinda.

"Hi, Lucinda." Mephiles greets

"Hello, Mephiles. Thank you for saving Mobius, others have been saying how they regret wanting you re-sealed." Lucinda responds

"You're welcome, how's Sapphire doing?"

"She wants out, is all I can say. If you want to know more, you're better off asking Shadow, Amy or Sonic. I don't want to talk about it myself."

"Apart from wanting out, what's her condition like?"

"Sapphire, she's still recovering but handling it well."

Mephiles quickly sees through Lucinda's sugar-coating.

"Please, take me to her. I'm concerned."

"Certainly, follow me."

Mephiles follows Lucinda, noticing Sapphire in a self-contained room, completely losing it. Mephiles quickly realises why Sapphire wants out.

"This is to do with the abuse Sapphire's endured, isn't it?"

"Unfortunately yes, it is. Sapphire doesn't want to be treated here; due to the trauma she was put through due to the abuse. I don't know what to do. Sapphire needs medical treatment, but hates being in this very hospital."

"Who put her through that?"

"My abusive ex-boyfriend, he worked here and treated Sapphire like his prey whilst she was at her most vulnerable."

"Where is he now?"

"He's been sealed up since after it happened, because he tried taking Sapphire's Chaos powers."

Mephiles looks inside the self-contained room, noticing other doctors trying to calm Sapphire down, without success. Sapphire notices Mephiles and goes to the window, seemingly pleading for a way out.

"I'm sorry Mephiles, but I need to get to your friend. We'll talk soon."

Lucinda goes inside the room and sends the other doctors away as Sapphire runs into her arms, stressed and scared.

"Lucinda, please get me out of here. I want my family back; I want my friends!" Sapphire pleads as she cries out

"You're not ready to leave yet, Sapphire." Lucinda calmly informs

"Please, I want to go home; I can't take it here anymore!"

Lucinda hugs Sapphire as she signals Mephiles to enter. Mephiles enters, approaching the pair, for Sapphire to notice him.

"Mephiles, you're back; I'm so happy to see you." Sapphire says, calming down

"I never leave friends to fend for themselves if they can't. Doctor Calico, is it possible if Sapphire can get discharged?" Mephiles responds and asks

"I could try. You both come with me." Lucinda responds

Lucinda, Sapphire and Mephiles go to the reception desk, for the receptionist to notice Lucinda.

"Hello, Doctor. How can I help?" The receptionist greets, asking

"I was wondering if I could get Sapphire Hawthorne discharged." Lucinda responds

"Unfortunately, that's not possible since Sapphire is due to be transferred to a mental health hospital in a different part of Mobius. Until then, she's got to stay here."