2

The ballroom looked exquisite. There were lights in the air, stuck in time and soft classical music being played from lovely musicians.

Vampire balls were quite the illusions.

My father raised a hand and I looked at him with a questioning stare. What is he doing? Suddenly the tall figure of Karlheinz appeared. I visibility tensed.

"My, my. You did come, friend. I was beginning to think that you are going to be late." Karlhienz greeted.

"How could I ever be!" My father smiled at his friend.

"And is this your daughter? I think it is the first time I see her." He turned his head to me. I bowed, just like how I practiced.

"You are a pretty polite thing, aren't you?"  Now this was definitely a compliment. It meant I did everything right. I smiled and nodded in return.

"My triplets who are around your age are here. You can talk to them if you feel like the ball is too boring. I understand it can get way too crowded at some points."

"Thank you. I will."

I was excused while my parents continued their talk with the king.

As I was walking carefully towards the food-table I suddenly bumped into someone's back.

"Hey, watch out!" His sudden exclaim startled me. I tilted my head in confusion.

"Sorry about him, he isn't the nicest." A soft voice said. He isn't the nicest? He isn't nice at all! I turned my head towards the source of the voice and-

Bright green eyes like the leaves of a gorgeous flower. Red hair like the sunset. My voice was stuck in my throat. I have never seen a man more beautiful than he is.

"Take a picture it might last longer." The second he opened his mouth it was ruined. I sighed in annoyance.

He was wearing a fedora and his suit was put up as if he didn't know how to wear it properly. My eyes widened. "Dude, you need to wear your suit properly!"

"Oh, do I? Why?" He grinned. There was a glint of knowledge in his eyes. I had no idea what he thought he knew and it wasn't important at the moment.

"Because if the king sees you like this he will get so mad! I heard people have died because of improper clothing!"

"Then help me." I sighed even more loudly.

"Fine!" His eyes widened. The stranger probably did not expect me to agree so quickly. But I did not want to risk it. So I quickly helped him fix his tie and jacket.

Suddenly a bell rang out which distracted me. I didn't notice the flushed stare the stranger was giving me. Or the way his mouth lost its smirk.

"I need to go to my parents." I said.

"Oh. Thank you...for the help." I nodded in his direction and we parted ways.