Unexpected

"Welcome back!" Mira said as I walked into the guild. "Where's Gray?"

I Laughed a little, "he was worn out from the trip that he decided to go strait home. Poor thing, you should of saw how tired he was." I followed her to the bar and she went to the other side of the counter. I ordered a tea and waited patiently till I got it. My hand was on my forehead as I looked at it sway in the cup.

"Something wrong?" Mira asked tilting her head.

"No, it's nothing." I replied. "Maybe I'm just more tired than I thought."

Mira nodded and looked up. I noticed that she had her eyes caught on something. I turned around, a smile came to my face as I saw Gray's tired face walk up to me and sit down.

"You poor thing, you look so tired." I told him giving him a hug. He patted my head once with a small smile. "You should of stayed at home. Since you came back you could have brought Raine with you."

"I did." Gray said pointing to my dog. She was wagging her tail as she lied next to Levy. I smiled and got up and walked to Raine.

"Hey baby girl." I said putting my face to hers. Raine jumped up and tackled me. I pushed her off and got up walking to a couch in the middle of the hall. "Gray, you should come over here." I called. Gray turned around and sluggishly got up with a groan of annoyance. "You wanted to come here." I pulled him to my lap and put his head on my chest. As he fully fell asleep I saw a few people looking at us with amusement in their eyes.

"Hey what's up?" Lucy said running into the hall with Natsu at her side. They slid to a halt in front of Gray and I and stared at us. Lucy smiled, "he looks so innocent."

I nodded and rubbed the back of Gray's head. "He is exhausted from the trip. He had a long week since I hardly let him sleep since I wanted to be on the beach all day."

"Did you two have fun?" Lucy asked. I nodded with a grin.

"Well we are glad your back." Ezra's voice sounded from behind me.

"Thanks. I am glad we are back too. It was a nice vacation but I still couldn't wait to get home." I looked at the ring on my finger for a moment, "as long as Gray is with me I'm happy."

"That's so sweet!" Levi said joining the conversation.

"Well I better get him home before he starts hibernating." I said with a laugh. I pushed Gray off my lap and he fell to the floor quickly popping his head up to stare at everyone for a few seconds before realizing what happened. "Come on Gray, you need to rest for a few years."

"I feel like I could." Gray responded putting his hands over his eyes. I helped him up and we headed to the house with Raine.
•••

A few days later Gray, Erza, Natsu, and Lucy took a job request. So gray would be gone for a few days. I always got worried when Gray went out on jobs and anxiously waited for him to return home. It was so lonely when he was gone. I never really went to the hall since no one I really hang with is there.

"I'm leaving." Gray said flying down the stairs. I got up and quickly kissed him before he ran out the door to meet up with his team.

"Looks as if it's just you and me." I whispered to Raine. She woofed softly and I smirked. "He will be back soon." I said half to myself.
•••

*Three weeks later*

"Still not back yet?" I asked Mira a little disappointed.

"Sorry, no." Mira said shaking her head. "They'll be back soon. They are on a S class job so of corse it's going to be a bit longer."

"I know. I probably just get too worried." I let out a small laugh but stopped when I herd Master's voice.

"Listen up! This is not good news. A war has been called up near where Erza's team is. We must go and help fight alongside a few other guilds."

Mira and I looked at each other with horror and worry in our eyes.

"How did this happen?" A voice said from the crowd.

The master sighed, "I don't know. All I do know is that we have to join the fight. A few other guilds are already on their way and we are leaving next. Mira, Laxus, and Guildarts, you three are to leave at this moment. I need to sort the guild and we will follow shortly." The three S class wizards nodded and started running out the door. "We need a few of you to stay here in case the war reaches its way here: Romeo, Aurora, Reedus, Droy, Cana and Levi, you will all stay here if that ever happens. It is unlikely but we can't take any chances."

"What! I can't stay here, I need to help fight!" I said with tears welling up in my eyes.

Master shook his head and turned around. "We have to leave now!" Everyone started to yell and run out the door with the old man. It happened so quickly it seemed. Levi had her arms wrapped around me and pulled me back with her sorrowful eyes looking at me.

"You have to stay here. Please listen to what your told. We have to make sure the guildhall is safe." Levi had said.

I stopped struggling and looked at her. She was feeling the same emotion I was. Nodding I turned around and stared at the necklace on my neck. The flowers leading down to a blue crystal and thought to myself; Why can't I fight beside Gray? I just hope his promise is not broken. He has a family waiting for him.

(Okay, that chapter might have gone fast but it's ok.... No it's not. Sorry. I'm just trying to get a bit of action in. The next chapter is a year later so she will be 20. If your like "omg but they got married when she was 18." Yes they did but their honeymoon was a few months later and she had turned 19. Sorry if that's confusing but I'm a bad writer so yah. XD I am happy for everyone who does not find it confusing. Sorry again for going to have another time skip like this but ya know, it's ok. Yah I know it's not -.- but there is one more time skip then we are fuckin done with time skips cause I don't like them as much as you but they have to be done. ;) I am also making next chapter in Gray's point of view. It might be a short part of it in his POV then switch over to Aurora's. there was also a part of this chapter that has a drift to it. *wink* it's actually obvious if you read it well... *hint* it's at the end. Well, here is another boring long note so I'm going to shut up and let you guys move on with your boring lives though they are all better than mine.)