Football Game

We decided to remain nameless, keeping the mysterious vibe

He escorted me to the clearing.

I sat on a smaller rock and he sat on the one across from me, watching my every move. "Are you ever going to tell me your name?" I asked, gazing up at him.

"That'll ruin the surprise" he whined and I giggled, holding my hands up in defense.

"Alright then mystery boy, what should I call you for now?" I asked, not being able to shake the smile off my face.

"Hmm how about prince charming?" he asked jokingly though his gaze intensifying as he stared down at me.

Nice.

It works for now.

"Alright my prince charming, tell me about yourself" I responded, looking up at the stars shining down on us.

"Well I like saving damsels in distress, fighting dragons and riding my noble steed" he answered, standing up on his rock and beginning to mimic sword fighting.

I giggled as I watched him fight with his imaginary sword.

"Is that what I am? A damsel in distress?" I asked, standing up and hopping off my rock.

He chuckled and hopped off his, standing directly in front of me. It was dark but I could make out some of his physical features, leaving me very curious about the rest.

He towered over me.

Taller then Bucky but not quite as tall as Zed.

"You seem like you can handle yourself" he said, his voice getting lower as he got closer to me. I could feel his warm breath on my face, smelling of mint and mixing with his bodies scent of pine wood.

It was a good mixture.

"I suppose I can" I smiled, tilting my head to look up at him.

"What is that?" he asked, his eyes fixating on something by my left ear. I reached my hand up and realized a piece of my white hair had fallen from my wig.

Shit.

"Oh, it's nothing" I said nonchalantly, trying to tuck it back in as quickly as possible which evidently caused more of it to fall out.

"Your hair is white" he said, he was in complete shock but there was a look of realization in his round puppy dog eyes.

"No it's not! I promise" I said, my voice shaking as I took a few steps back.

Once my hair was properly tucked in, I knew I needed to leave.

"Wait, I need to know your name" he called out but I was already running.

"I'm sorry" I yelled back to him before sprinting back to my house.

I went into the shower, put on a black night dress and collapsed into my bed.

I couldn't get him off my mind.

I couldn't see much in the darkness of the night but I saw and heard enough to be intrigued by him.

His eyes were dark, making him look even tanner then he already was. His nose was round and he had markings all over his arms. His hair was a dark color but the front seemed to be almost white. Or at least, it looked white with the moon shining on it.

Kind of like mine.

Why was he so intrigued by my hair color?

I really hope he doesn't find out who I am, I can't have my hair color exposed.

The next morning I woke up to my alarm going off but I had barely gotten any sleep.

I couldn't get my "prince charming" off my mind.

Before I could let my thoughts consume me, I was off to school. I was wearing a pink crop top, a white skirt and a floral cardigan with white sneakers.

 I was wearing a pink crop top, a white skirt and a floral cardigan with white sneakers

"Arabella" I heard someone call my name.

Zed ran over and we began walking up the stairs side by side.

"Addison told me about your secret" he blurted out once we got to the top, making me freeze in my spot. "What?!" I exclaimed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"We were arguing about how she doesn't know what it's like to be different and she said that you do. It just came out but I promise to keep your secret. It's nice to know that someone else besides us is different, you know?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly as he smiled at me.

"I guess. Why are you and my sister talking?" I asked, taking a threatening step forward.

"You're not like Bucky are you? I'm sorry" he began rambling but I laughed, cutting him off. "I know you like her Zed, just don't her or her feelings. Okay?" I spoke softly, sending him a reassuring smile.

"Deal" he agreed, a smile on his face. I held out a hand for him to shake but he ignored it and went straight for a hug.

"Easy Zed" I squealed, finding myself crushed into his chest and everyone around us staring. "Sorry, zombie strength" he said awkwardly, showing me his Z-Band.

I only giggled.

We heard the bell rang and made our way outside. Football time.

The cheer squad was gathered in front of the bleachers and the crowd was waiting. The football team ran out and we all began cheering. Our uniforms were a little bit thicker then the ones we wore inside due to the breeze outside and our hair was pulled up into a ponytail, a pink bow on top.

"Come on Zed!" Addison cheered, getting dirty looks from the rest of the squad.

We were loosing.

Loosing bad.

Zed was getting trampled by the other team and his teammates wouldn't even help him out.

Soon enough it was halftime.

"He'll be okay Addison" I whispered to her as we were getting water.

"Thanks" she said softly, give me a sad smile.

She was worried.

But when they came back from halftime, Zed was crushing it. He destroyed the other team and Addison was ecstatic, cheering louder then the entire zombie portion of the crowd.

And for once, I forgot about Bucky and cheered with my sister.

We cheered for Zed.

And he won. He won the football game for Seabrook.

"You were amazing" Addison said was we ran over to where he was standing on the field. "Thanks, awesome cheers" he complimented, embracing her in a hug as he smiled at me.