Chapter 2

The second blow came just after a few days.

(Flashback)

*sizzle*

Zhan was busy cooking when he heard the sound of opening  door

"Yibo?" he said not even looking at the  visitor "You're back early, how was your day?"

"..."

"Well,freshen up and have a seat. Give me a few minutes ,the dinner will be ready. I'm just finishing up your favourite caramel pudding."

Wordlessly a pair of arms embraced him from behind.

"Yibo?"

Something was not right. Zhan's heart skipped a beat as he noticed Yibo's palms"

"Yibo?how did you hurt yourse ... Yibo?" 

He gasped as he turned and saw Yibo's scraped knees and cut lip.

"Yibo how did you get these?"

"..." 

"Did you fall down or....Oh my God dont tell me you got into a fight?"

".....I...I -just fe...Wait don't go online!"

But before he could do anything Zhan had picked his phone up.

As expected, there was a video going viral now, it was titled"Man angers Wang Yibo by  verbally abusing Xiao Zhan."

The video showed a man pushing Yibo from behind causing him to fall while  making a rude sign to him. And  as Yibo was trying to get up he said something throwing a punch at him.Yibo reacted to it by trying to punch him back and was pushed back  by his own bodyguard at the last moment.

"..."

"I am sorry, I am really sorry " mumbled Yibo "but  he was calling you names Zhan ge. How can I not react to it?"

Apology? Was this really this boy's fault?

Had he acted a little more careful with him during interviews, during  the Bts of the untamed, During their promotional fanmeets and concerts would the haters know what in the world would trigger Yibo the most? 

From the very first day he was the one who roped him in, just because he found throwing stones at his cold, distant shell a very funny pastime. He acted cruelly, teasing him, torturing him, bullying him...How much could he have endured? After all he was just a kid.All his restraints broke under Zhan's merciless attacks and rendered vulnerable. Zhan's cruelty did not even stop at this. He even went on shamelessly flirting with him with the feeble excuse that he was only getting into the character of Wei Wuxian.  Not only that even after everything ended he responded to Yibo's childish confession and even let himself be carried away into the dream of being together forever. 

And now that it has come to this, Yibo is to blame? Wasn't it his own duty  to act more mature  because of his age?

And the situation was much worsened by the stand of Wajijiwa. Zhan knew that not only will the company refuse to support him they might add fuel to fire by saying that the hater was actually one of his fans who got frustrated due to romantic behaviour of his idol and endangered the life of another idol of China.

Softly he removed  the locks from Yibo's face and touched his bruised lips with his thumb.

"What an useless person are you Xiao Zhan..." though you have to see the dearest person to you getting hurt because of you and yet you don't have the power to fight for him?"