Chapter 13

For Anyone wondering, The GOLDEN WIELDER is mentioned in the story Element Wielder a few times. Check out chapter 8 and especially 9 of Element Wielder. In those chapters he is mentioned a few times.

-- This is the last chapter of section 2 of the novel. Next we will begin the third and last section.

CHAPTER 13

His companion slowly let go of his rock as well. He stared at Aadi in obvious awe.

“You seemed shocked,” said Aadi. “Isn’t this what you were expecting?”

Arajakata washed away his dumbfounded expression. “I was expecting you to earth wield, yes. But I wasn’t expecting the gold.”

Aadi thought back to the swirls of gold dust that had moved around him as he wielded. “Isn’t that how normal earth wielding looks like?”

The young man shook his head. “Er…no. I read enough to know it’s supposed to be brown. What you did was impossible. Or at least I thought it was until now.”

Aadi wasn’t sure he liked the sound of that. “Is that bad or good?”

“That’s very good. There are some ancient writings that relay news of an earth wielder who will grow immense in power. His wielding, the scrolls say, will be known because of the intense glow of it.” Arajakata looked at him with intensity. “I think you’re that legendary wielder.”

Me?” He wasn’t sure he believed him. Surely Arajakata was simply jesting.

“Yes. It makes sense. I’ve never met anyone so keen of earth. You feel at home in it. You’re the only person I met who actually prefers that flavorless Mana over actual food.”

“The way you say Mana, you would think it’s a disease.”

Arajakata nodded. “You are the embodiment of earth. It is no wonder the essence chose you as its champion.

“Let’s just move on with some training, shall we?” said Aadi. All this Chosen One talk was making him feel uncomfortable. He didn’t want to be a champion or a hero for that matter. All he wanted was to help those in need and live a happy, peaceful life with his friends. Lucky for him, Arajakata seemed to take the cue. He stopped with the whole legacy talk.

“Very well, then.” He closed his fists and stomped the ground. “Let me teach you some earth forms and strategies I learned from the Sandoria scrolls.”

Aadi watched Arajakata and mimicked his movements.

For the next month they trained every night without rest. Aadi made more progress than he’d ever thought possible. Every new move he studied seemed second nature to him. Better yet, many of the forms he learned by himself. The most advanced moves he learned came to him during his sleep. It was exhilarating to learn something new every day.

“Never in my years have I seen anyone pick up new abilities as quickly as you do,” said Arajakata after one of their training sessions. Aadi had just learned a particularly hard form in a matter of minutes.

“You speak as if you’ve been alive for over a hundred years,” said Aadi with a smirk. “You can’t be a day over twenty-five.”

“Yes, you’re right. But even in those few years that I was free, I saw and read a lot.” Arajakata lowered his voice. “Speaking of freedom. Now that you have pretty much mastered earth wielding, I think it’s time you and I get out of here. The fire wielders left yesterday to get more prisoners. They’ll be gone for at least a week. It’s now or never.”