Chapter 20

After this we only have 1 more chapter and its all over (for this book at least).

Feel free to point out my grammar mistakes.

Best, Cesar Gonzalez

P.S I'm going to do a Amazon gift card and paperback book giveway in about 1-2 hours for members of my newsletter. So If you're not a member, here's your chance to join in. Link is in my Account, but I'll put one in the comments!!!!

-------

CHAPTER 20

Aadi’s chest felt heavy as he stared at the man who had come to his village years ago. The same man who controlled the beasts that killed his sister. He wore a dark, hooded cloak and robe. Silver skulls curled around his waist like some kind of demonic belt. His face was definitely not human. It was unnaturally long. Six red eyes, that were stacked in dual rows of three, stared back at him. On his hand he carried a long skeletal staff.

“Who are you?” demanded Aadi coldly. As he spoke he continued to read the newcomers energy, but despite his powers, he couldn’t pinpoint his origin. “Your power is similar to a dark wielder’s, but I sense some differences.”

The strange man bowed as he clapped mockingly. “Good job, Aadi. Or should I say Golden Wielder?” He cackled menacingly. “In all the planets I’ve been to, every warrior simply jumps in, attacking mindlessly. In their eagerness to save their world, they engineer its own destruction.” He pointed a long finger at Aadi. “But you. You actually stopped yourself. I suppose congratulations are in order.”

“I didn’t ask for your praise,” Aadi said. His chest was still recovering from the unexpected surprise. “I said who are you? What do you want?”

“My name is Boltrick, if you must know. And you’re quite correct to say my power is different. You see?” He took a step forward. “I am a necromancer.”

Necromancer? Aadi had never heard that title before. But that didn’t surprise him. From everything he’d heard, it was clear Boltrick was not from Va’siel.

“What are you doing here?” asked Ishani, a second before Aadi could voice the same question.

“Isn’t it obvious? I am here to destroy your little planet.”

Ishani gritted her teeth. “Why? What did we ever do to you?”

Boltrick went off in a series of high-pitched cackles. “Why absolutely nothing, my dear.” He waved his hands in grandiose fashion. “I once ruled a planet, much like this one. I was unchallenged and feared by all. Until he arrived and stopped me. He thought he’d killed me, but I escaped.”

For the first time since he’d arrived, Boltrick’s speech was not gleeful. He obviously still held rancor toward the mysterious warrior who had defeated him. Which made Aadi glad. It showed him that Boltrick wasn’t as in control as he thought he was.

“But no matter,” continued Boltrick. “With every planet I destroy, my power grows. I am now a match for even him.”

“You killed my sister for power?” asked Aadi, his stomach turning into knots. He felt waves of anger reeling inside of him. He breathed deeply, trying to suppress it. Giving into his rage wouldn’t change the past. He needed to retain control.