FINAL CHAPTER and Epilogue

As promised, this was going to be a rather short book. Here is the final chapter. Thank you for everyone who took their time to read the novel. I greatly appreciated.

Feel free to point out grammar mistakes you find.

If you want to read more, checlk out the following novel, ELEMENT WIELDER.

And here it is:

----------------

CHAPTER 21

The song of the birds filled the air as Aadi waited nervously atop the palace stairs. Off in the distance, he admired the green leaves on the trees, as the wind blew their branches from side to side. Lush jade grass and lively bushes decorated the garden.

Even now, three months after those fateful events, he couldn’t get over how quickly Va’siel had returned to normal. The land was fertile again, and food was plentiful. Though, he’d be lying if he didn’t admit that he’d rather have a bowl of mana over any other food.

“Please stand for the bride!” ordered Latiha. At once, hundreds of people in the crowd below stood at attention. They gasped with admiration as a beautiful woman, donning a long white dress made her way down a long, golden colored carpet.

Aadi’s throat went dry as he stared at Ishani. He still couldn’t believe such a beautiful and kind woman wanted to spend the rest of her life with him.

She reached the top of the steps.

Aadi leaned into her ear. “You look beautiful, my love.” His voice was a bit shaky. No matter how much he tried, he simply couldn’t get rid of the jitters.

“You look very handsome yourself.” She took his hand.

They both turned to Latiha, eagerly waiting to say their vows.

~~~

A hard pat landed on his back. “Congratulations.”

He turned to find his friends Linius and Zoen staring back at him, large grins plastered on their faces.

“Thanks.” He gave them both a hard hug. Around them hundreds of people drank and ate in loud celebration. Kids ran, chasing each other. Men and woman danced to the sound of lively flutes.

“So, what will you do now that you’re tied down forever?” Zoen laughed.

Aadi stared over at his wife, who was lost in laughter as she danced with the empress. “If being with her is all I ever accomplish, I’ll die a happy man.” His heart skipped a beat.

“I’m so glad you found happiness.” Linius patted his back again.

“How about you two?” asked Aadi. “Surely you have a lot in your mind.”

Zoen grinned. “Actually, I’m thinking about heading over to Ladria. I am a mind wielder, and they are the mind capital city, after all. They have a mercenary academy called Rohad, and I’m planning on joining it.” He motioned toward Linius. “Linius here is going to stay here as the new Master Record Keeper of Missea.”

Though Aadi was sad to hear about his friend’s departure, he was also glad. Zoen needed to make his own life. And as a mind wielder, he was certain he would go far in Rohad. “I’m glad for you, Zoen.” He faced his other friend. “You too, Linius.”