005 | code of silence

𝐉𝐈𝐇𝐘𝐄 stands in the courtyard of the school, glancing at her watch every few minutes as she waits for chunhei to stop pacing

𝐉𝐈𝐇𝐘𝐄 stands in the courtyard of the school, glancing at her watch every few minutes as she waits for chunhei to stop pacing. her foot taps, sighing as she hears the lunch bell. chunhei looks at her with a scowl, and she feels a bit appalled—what the hell has she done now?

"that hunter girl has her own investigation! this was supposed to be my moment!"

chunhei says, and jihye nods, immediately lying through her teeth.

"mm, so annoying."

she says, before picking up her bag from where it's lying by her feet. she drifts off into her thoughts, thinking about her own interrogation, that felt... weird. it just didn't feel professional in her opinion.

"where were you last night, miss choi?"

the older woman asked, and jihye thought back to the night before as she cracked her knuckles.

"i was reading and doing some homework—i was running late because i was behind and thought i should probably do it."

she added, only half jokingly. astra rolled her eyes, used to jihye's usual sass and attitude towards her.

"are you giving me attitude?"

chunhei demands, and jihye deadpans her, biting her tongue to keep her from shouting at the girl.

"no, chunhei. i'm not. i'm just hungry."

she replies quietly, yet she doesn't back down like most people chunhei... shouts at? she doesn't even know how to describe it. the girl is pretty scary when she wants to be, but she can't be bothered to be afraid of her. she's an athena camper, not a coward.

"the investigation is underway, and we are working to keep it quiet. please don't tell anyone about this meeting. you are dismissed."

astra said, and jihye immediately nodded as she stood up. she made her way out of the hall, but instead of taking the usual left, she turned a right, making her way towards the clearing next to the training grounds of the academy.

when she looked up from the ground, she saw the familiar figure, silhouette glowing from the setting sun.

"so, she suspects you.."

chunhei is already heading off to lunch without her when she turns to say something else, so she looks around to make sure that nobody else sees her. she follows chunhei, slowly dropping further and further behind before slipping around a corner and disappearing with someone.

"jihye—"

"just shut up, okay. get me out of here, i need to see my dad."

——