006 | chaos theory

𝐉𝐀𝐄𝐖𝐎𝐎 sits on the vibrant green grass in the centre of the courtyard, watching some of his fellow dionysus students play in the fountain and stagger around him

𝐉𝐀𝐄𝐖𝐎𝐎 sits on the vibrant green grass in the centre of the courtyard, watching some of his fellow dionysus students play in the fountain and stagger around him. for the first time, he's chosen not to drink this evening—yes, he's proud of himself, but his hand is itching to reach for a bottle. nonetheless, he pulls himself away from the situation as his peers mingle with the other houses.

he walks along the lakeside, alone again. normally him and haejin get along and hang out together, but his hades friend has disappeared today—he kind of needs to talk to him, and it's incredibly inconvenient. the moon is shining a brilliant white-silver, and the still lake of water reflects it like a mirror. he can faintly head laughter from the courtyard, but the lake is always better for his head.

he sighs, and sits down, pulling off his sneakers and socks so that he can dip his feet into the water. it's cold, but it's not a problem for him. he can bear with it for the time being. he watches the water nymphs off in the distance, and smiles as he hears more tolerable giggles from them. they're pretty, but that means nothing to him.

honestly? the academy is a mess at the moment. the whole scandal about liam fletcher being expelled has made the rounds and accumulated into a huge story with lots of additions that don't exactly sound like they happened. to be fair, he doesn't know what's going on either, but he has enough common sense to weed out the lies in the story.

he's snapped out of his thoughts at the sound of a voice next to him.

"hey? are you alright?"

he looks to his side and sees a boy with white-blonde fluffy hair squatting down next to him with a frown on his face. jaewoo's cheeks flush a little bit as he admires the boy's face, but blinks as he realises that he's actually just been asked a question.

"uh—yeah—i'm fine. thanks for asking though."

he replies, kind of proud of himself for not letting his voice wobble and crack like a fourteen year old kid. the boy smiles, and his brilliant white teeth do amaze jaewoo just a little bit. he tries to stop going into a daze as the boy pulls off his own shoes and dips his feet in the lake.

"what are you doing here?"

he asks, and jaewoo shakes his head.

"i didn't want to be at the party."

he chooses to say, but the boy sitting next to him shakes his head. jaewoo almost forgets to listen to him as he admires his hazel eyes, with little flecks of gold and green as the boy gazes back at him.