The Magical Transformation of An Ice Princess, Chapter 14

I put on some comfier clothes and settled on the couch to watch tv. I got hungry around 11, (I’m a night eater) and decided to have a grilled cheese sandwich.

I stood up and walked over to the door, then thought of something. I’m a princess, can’t I have someone make it for me now?

I searched for some kind of rope or bell or something, like in the movies. I found a rope next to my bed and pulled it.

A minute later someone knocked on my door and I hollered for them to come in.

“What would you like, you highness?” A young woman asked as she courtsied.

No way. Someone just courtsied to me?

“Um, well, I’m new at this, so…..I’m sorry if this is rude, but I don’t know the rules here. How do I go about getting a snack, I mean where is the kitchen?”

The servant blinked in confusion. “If her highness requires anything, I shall be happy to get it for her.”

“Ah…I see……well, uh I guess may I have a grilled cheese sandwich then please?” I asked hesitantly.

“Would you like a drink as well highness?”

“Um, sure…..chocolate milk?”

“Right away, highness.”

She courtsied again, and left. This was too cool!

If Marsha could see this……

Then I stopped……Marsha!! God I hadn’t called her since I left!!

I raced find a phone in my room. There was one on the nightstand next to my bed. I quickly dialed her number.

“Hello?” A groggy voice said.

“Um, hi, Mr. Graves?”

“Yes, who is this? DO you have any idea what time it is?”

“Um, no….”

“It’s 3 am for crying out loud!”

“Sorry, sir….this is Ellie.”

“Ellie!! Are you ok? Where are you?”

“I’m fine sir, don’t worry. I can’t tell you where I am, I’m sorry. Is Marsha there?”

“Yes I’ll go wake her up, hang on!” I heard creaking as he got out of bed and went to get Marsha.

“Go away!” I heard her moan and giggled. She was a slow waker.

“It’s Ellie Marsha, get up!”

I heard her snatch the phone from her dad. “Ellie?!”

“Hey Marshy!”

“Good god where theh eck have you been are you ok is Ryan still with you what’s going on why did you leave like that are you insane?!?!” she asked in one long, quick breath.

I laughed. “Marshy, you are NOT going to believe me if I tell you. For now, let’s just say I’m fine, I’m safe, I’m happy, and yes, I’m still with Ryan. But there’s now way to find us so please don’t bother looking.

“Boy you’re not kidding! Your parents and the police have been looking since you left, but they obviously haven’t been able to find you.”

“Yeah. That’s a good thing, trust me. I don’t know how much I can tell you, and even if I could you’d call me crazy. I need to show you. I’ll ask my dad if….”

I stopped. Oops.

“Your dad? Ellie he said he hasn’t heard from you at all! How much does he know?”