Chapter 1: A "Normal" Work Day

(Sakura)

 Ever since our long-awaited reunion, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

("My realization of finding my strength in life and his response. Maybe he didn't get it and I embarrassed myself in front of him. I can't believe I did that!")

I spaced out while frustrated with myself mopping the floor lost in thought until a woman's voice approached me, "Excuse me, Miss?" The woman in a dress-like attire sounded worried and I snapped back to reality.

"Yes?" as I turned to the guest. "A fight broke out and I don't know what to do!" alerted by this, I asked, "Oh Alright! Where is it happening?" "By the pinball and Video game machines." she pointed at the direction across the arcade. "Sure, I'll take care of that."

I walked over to the direction she told me as she followed. I swerved my way through people crowded around with some chatter scattered around and saw the event that's occurring.

In the Center, It's a big guy with a black baseball cap worn backwards, and unzipped tracksuit with white accents, baggy sweatpants and a bandaid on his left cheek. He pulled a switchblade against the kid by the neck that he's holding by the collar of his yellow shirt. The kid looked younger, skinny and shorter than this "bully".

"You better give me that five bucks you owned me!" Tugging at his t-shirt tighter and drawing his knife closer. "No! I beat you fair and square!" The kid cried while struggling to get out of his grasp. "Oh really?" Realizing he talked back, he lifted him and threw him down as he landed on his back. "Gah!" The boy shouts in pain before he sat up realizing that it may be the end with the guy standing above him. He towered over staring coldly as his right-hand clenched into a fist lifting it into the air as he's about to strike.

Before he could, a cry was heard from someone in the crowd, "STOP!" I shouted deciding that enough was enough. Everyone in the crowd turned to look at me. "You can't just demand money from someone!" "Why are you picking on someone smaller than you?!" I prepared myself in a fighting stance. "Because the kid owes me money! and Yeah right, like a weak woman could beat me!" he scoffed. ("Weak Huh?") I thought. ("He doesn't know what he's dealing with.") 

Many gasps and indistinct chatter are heard in the crowd probably because I challenged him in public in where there are many witnesses here. Some people started evacuating while some stayed to spectate. 

He made the first move to punch me, but I blocked it, I found an opening and high kneed him in the stomach, he shouts "Oww!" and grabs it while groaning in pain and falls to his knees. His guard was down and "Kyaah!" I kicked as hard and high as I could in the face launching him in the air. He landed on his side, now with a mark his left cheek and dropped his switchblade, he tried to get back up aiming for the weapon, "Oh no, you don't!" I tackled and disarmed him, putting his arms behind his back before he could do anything. 

A co-worker who witnessed the whole thing from the prize corner ducked under the counter and called 110.