Chapter 3: In Retrospect

I walked home slowly and blissfully, A lot happened. After all of that, I could never seem to catch a break. Between my part-time job and University, I wonder where it will all lead me. I have finals coming up and graduation soon. So much going through my mind and I can't stop. My legacy will end much sooner if there's nothing to pass to. 

I'm grateful of the many rival and allies I made along the way. ("Maybe I can ask Hinata and Natsu for help, but they may be busy, those times used to be simpler.") ("Along with the others, Jimmy and Dan, I wonder how they're doing.") (Karin and Ibuki, I see them often and they seems to be doing well.) ("Kei, Oh Kei, it's been a while since last talked to her since that summer. I wondered how she had the patience to deal with my antics, but she was in support of me despite of that.") ("And Ryu, he's someone special. He's off somewhere training in his own world not caring about real life troubles, at least I think he is." "I guess he's too busy to even notice me.") "Oh! Why am I thinking of him that way again?!" I said at myself realizing I said that out loud, I stop and looked around to see if anyone heard me. I sigh of relief that no one's around and entered through the front yard of my house.

I took off my shoes by the porch, went upstairs and crashed on my bed. I looked up at the ceiling and stared at it. ("I should distract myself with something,") then glanced my eyes the text books stacked up on my desk. ("Maybe I should study.")

I propped myself pulled a chair, sat down and attempted to study. I gathered and reviewed my notes through all my lectures, although I tried concentrating hard the knowledge seemed like random trivia seeping through one ear out the other, resulting in me usually spacing out and nearly dozing off. I don't know if I feel more overwhelmed or relieved. Academically, I am prepared with all of the units that we covered. 

It's just the dread associated with an important event is what dragging me down, among other things. "Sakura!" I heard my mom call me, knocking from my door. As I turned, she opened it holding a plate of Onigiri in her her hands. "I thought you might be hungry after a long day, so I made a little snack for you." "Oh, thanks." I answered absent-mindedly. "Take care, ok?" putting her hand on my shoulder with an earnest smile. "Yeah, I will." forcing a smile the best I could. 

She leaves with the plate on my desk and I continue, "*Sigh* I just haven't been myself lately." I looked at my desk, a billboard of photos, memoirs and souvenirs of my travels. Including a certain picture propped on my desk. It was in a red frame with the picture him on it. I picked up and sigh, "For all these years I chased after him, he'd never seemed to care, maybe someday." I drew my finger down on the glass panel picking up bits of dusts rubbing it off against my fingers and placed it down. 

I sigh of dissatisfaction, then heard and felt a buzzing from my phone. Alerted, I picked up. "Kanzuki, Huh." 

I answered. "Hello?" "Hey, Sakura, ready for a rematch?"