Complex Confessions

** Laila's P.O.V **

"An engagement ring, Laila".

My whole body froze. Engagement ring?

Zane was married?

To Royalty?

My heart pounded in my chest. I was shell shocked.

Before I could say anything, Zane cut me off.

"Before you speak, just let me finish. I had planned on asking her to marry me that night. The party was at Neveah's beach house and she came to the party with Nevaeh fuming about how I'd ignored her all day and when we all popped out to yell surprise I had gotten down on one knee, proposing to her. I was so scared and anxious for her answer because she was just staring at me, and when she finally spoke she was in tears. She had said yes and I had no idea what to do besides kiss her. I was so fucking happy. We knew we were young but we didn't care because we were in love. We got married not too long after graduation and that's when shit started to get rough."

Zane sighed.

"Royalty was never quite good in the relationship department because let's face it,that girl is a basket case. Her life was overrun by her insecurities. I always made sure I showed her I loved her I mean why the fuck would I have married her if I didn't feel highly passionate about her. But it wasnt enough for her. It never was.
We started arguing alot, most nights with her sleeping in the next room but I remember I'd always ensure that she was asleep well because I know the last time she opened up she'd gotten hurt so all she needed was time. But I should have probably thought of that before marriage, maybe then it wouldnt have hurt so much you know."

"What wouldn't have hurt so much, Zane.?", I asked sitting next to him at this point. I held his hands in mine as a traitor tear fell from his eyes; a dry humorless chuckle from his lips.

He seemed so broken. So spaced out.

It was as though the Facade he worked so hard on building up had finally fallen and I could now see the real him.

The hurt him.

When he uttered his next words it was as though I could feel his pain dripping off his words and it tore at my heart, rage boiling in me.

"She cheated on me. With my best friend. My fucking best friend. We had gotten into an argument the night previous and she left. I figured she had gone to Neveah but when Neveah showed up the next day asking for Royalty I knew something was up. When Royalty came home she had a glow to her skin; I could sense it. I felt it. When i asked her i told her to tell me the truth. She started to cry. She admitted and me foolishly in love, torn, I forgave her. It took some time but we were seeming to be getting better until I realised it was eating her alive. Royalty, I could tell she regretted the decision but her insecurities fucked up her mindset and hence the fighting resumed until I just couldn't take it anymore. I filed for a divorce and that was that. Royalty moved away and I started college and ignored my problems by endless fucking and parties. Till I met you. And that was that."

By the end of his story my chest burned. There was a knot in my stomach as I tied all the pieces together. Hate began to burn through my veins and I felt repulsed by the acts I committed with her.

Royalty was such a bitch.

She really wasn't anything more than just a slut.

Pulling Zane into me I felt his body heave with silent sobs,,triggering tears of my own. I felt like a slut for even sleeping with Royalty.

For enjoying it.

She didn't Even care about him. She was heartless.

Pulling away he looks at me smiling brokenly. I never in all my years have ever seen Zane like this, even when we first met I simply thought he was a fuckboy, a jerk but it all added up.

He was completely broken hearted.

"You wanna know the worst part Laila? The worst part is I still love her. I'll always love her".

With those words my heart broke and my promise was sealed. I wanted nothing more to do with those girls.

~~~1 MONTH LATER~~~

**Nevaeh's P.O.V**

For the past month I hadn't heard from Laila to which i presumed she was up to speed with Royalty and Zane's past and I couldn't blame her for not speaking to us.

I mean, I felt kinda bad that she stopped talking to us, well me but I decided it was for the best.

Royalty on the other hand decided to ignore her problems and her drinking addiction reared its ugly head once more. Now if she saw our dorm room twice a week that was alot.

I sighed as I packed the last of my stuff into my suitcase. We were officially on spring break and I was going home for the first week before returning back to the university. Hopefully Royalty would be fine on her own but she understood my reasons for leaving.

Deciding to head to the cafeteria for a quick snack before my trip I grab my purse and keys exiting, my thoughts straying to Laila.
To say that I missed her would be an understatement but then again I barely knew her. I did want to get to know her better but somehow she managed to arouse my interest in her pussy more than in her personality.

Shallow. I know.

But she probably thinks that I just used her for sex now and I guess it's for the better because it gave me time to lose the butterflies that erupted in my chest each time I saw her. I couldnt catch feelings for her, that would be way too much baggage to unload now not to mention she would never fall for someone like me.

I heard her laugh first. Then her voice.

You've got to be shitting me.

I looked up, Laila was walking in my direction with 2 guys, one whom I realized was Zane.

How ironic.

As they passed Laila caught my glance, her smile falling; replaced with a frown. I quirked my brow at her, hiding all previous emotions from my face.

When they were out of sight I was torn between going to her or not. I decided against it after all if she wanted to talk to me she would. I wasnt the one to distance myself neither was I the one to run after a girl.