25. Nothing

Mrs Stainley finally lets us go after two long hours of torture. Nick passes by my desk, speaking with some guy I've never seen him with. He ignores my pleading look, acting as if we never met. As if our relationship never meant anything. As if he wasn't the one who pushed me aside only to come back while I was taken.

At the door, Max is already waiting for me. He didn't have anything on his schedule this morning, yet he still came for me and he's here to pick me up. A few girls clearly notice how cute he is, stealing a few glances and chuckling.

I suddenly get the desire to let these girls know that this man is taken, and mine for that matter. My things finally gathered in my bag, I walk to Max. He smiles at me and I might just melt right here. I gather some courage under his inquisitive glance.

"If I kissed you right here, in the middle of the corridor... How would you react?", I finally ask as we're walking toward the overcrowded school cafeteria.

He rearranges a loose strand of hair behind my ear, teasingly looking at me as my cheeks warm up dangerously.

"Kiss me and you'll see", he finally says with a shrug as he stops walking to face me.

He doesn't have to say it twice, and I'm pleased to feel him kissing me back.

And nothing happens. Nothing.

No stares, no hate. No one cares if we're two guys kissing, nothing changes even if my world just made a 180 degrees. My heart is still beating heavily in my chest, and the usual chatters around us slowly reaches my ears again. Max and I are still have our fingers intertwined as we make our way in the cafeteria.

•••

After his afternoon class, Max comes right to my apartment where he finds me almost sleeping. I was trying to revise a few cue cards, but today has been quite exhausting. Max swifts toward my bed, then he slowly makes himself comfortable in my arms. In this soft voice of his, he breaks the silence: "Do you realize that in some countries our love is not even permitted?"

I turn my head toward him, brushing his forehead with my lips. He pushes himself on his elbows so that he can look at me in the eyes.

"How can a feeling as beautiful as the one I get when I look at you be frowned upon?" he asks as a tear threatens to roll down his cheek and a blush creeps up to mine.

You're beautiful, he whispers against my exposed neck, the action sending a thousand sparks throughout my body. We kiss in an awful mess of hair until the air becomes too hot with our clothes on. He looks at me in a way I never could have dreamed anyone would, and through his eyes I can almost see myself as handsome. 

___

How adorable are my babies? Do you still wish Ollie was with Nick instead? ♡

I
was dying to write both of these scenes since I started to brainstorm Different. I didn't know Ollie would be with Max, but I had the ideas pinned down on paper. I know it is short, but I didn't feel it needed to be any longer for the ideas to come across.

I hope you guys like this chapter just as much as I do!