26. Home

Max finally moved in with me, even though it took a whole week of pleading and me meeting his parents officially for his dad to finally consider it. Anyways, with the two weeks of school that remain, he'll get back home in no time for the summer break that is soon to come.

With finals in our near future, I have to admit we're mostly studying. No time for going out or to even to watch a movie together. But with Max here, it feels right. The second he passed the door with his bags he made my apartment a home. The plain walls suddenly became colorful along with my life.

My days are slowly coming to a sweeter term. I've got the most adorable guy all for myself, and Nick and I talked things out. Deep down, I know it'll never be the same as before, but I've nothing to lose in trying to keep a friend.

In the time of a semester, I was finally able to make a friend and get a boyfriend. Needless to say my mother was overjoyed. Our video calls are getting longer, and she states she can't wait to finally meet the man in my life. No matter the way she acts, I suspect that she's a bit saddened that I'm not with Nicholas as she had taken a liking to his outgoing character. But if only she knew how Max brings me more than just a social life...

Max is the boyfriend I never even thought I deserved. He tells me I'm beautiful and smart everyday, but my self-esteem can't depend on him. I have to work on improving it by myself, and not just pretend until I somewhat believe it as I've always done. When you pretend, you only dig yourself further down. I have to believe in myself, to take the push the angel by my side gives me and rise higher from there.

Obviously, the feeling of not fitting in is still there. I'm still the same as I was, only maybe I changed slightly for the fact that I now want to get better. I found a place where I'm at ease in Max's arms, and I only wish to expand my world a little. I'm still different and I always will be, but I have to look ahead for my future instead of dreading it.

After all, no one accomplishes big things by denying who they truly are.

[The end]

___

Updating the last chapter is never easy.

Through the writing of Different, I got so attached to my characters that it feels like they're my babies. I have seen them evolve, and now I have to let them go. I really hope you enjoyed reading my novel as much as I enjoyed writing it!

I am currently working on a new story, Summer Jam, which can also be found on Wattpad! I am particularly proud of it so far, and I hope you will like it. :)

Thank you so so so much for sticking with Different until the end. It was such a fun ride, and I am so glad I could share it with you all. Every vote and comment along the way made me so happy!