SteelPaw

Morning sunlight trickled in through my open blinds, the rays slowly rising from the floor to reach my bed. I sat upright on my bed, the sheets bundled up at my waist. 

I should've been up and moving a while ago, but something compelled me to stay in bed and watch the sunrise. 

The pack house was still silent; it was that perfect time that everyone was waking. Tranquil. 

It had been several days since seeing Wexley at the ceremony. He seemed to be avoiding me, always managing to leave just before I could get to him. 

With my arms held behind me, I stretched out my back which emitted a few popping sounds. Sighing, I reluctantly pushed the cover aside, the sheets spilling to the floor as I stood. 

I scrunched my toes up instinctively as they made contact with the cold floor. 

In a few minutes pack members would emerge from their rooms and separate houses to come in for breakfast. With one last longing look out of my window, I dressed and prepared myself.  

As I emerged from my room, his scent immediately smacked me in the face. My room was nowhere near his, but his scent lingered everywhere in the pack house. Tantalizing and tempting, it was a constant tug on the bond. It demanded what I couldn't have. 

I hadn't seen much of Forrest either, always busy with his alpha duties. 

Even the simple thought of his name brought forth a deep wanting, pulling from somewhere deep in my belly.

My door clicked softly behind me as it shut. I could hear the quiet rustles of sheets and groans as people slowly woke and got ready for their day. 

Forrest had created a strict training schedule for the entire pack, and we were all feeling it. 

As I entered the large kitchen, I was met with the strong, delectable smell of coffee and a frowning Stovall. 

"What?" 

"You're late," she said accusingly. 

Recently I had found myself spending my mornings and nights with Stovall, whom like me had a tendency to stick to herself. The small female was leaning against the counter, one arm over her stomach supporting her other arm which held her cup of coffee. Her black hair was pulled high into a ponytail, her neck on display. 

I shrugged and pulled a cup out of one of the cupboards, setting in down on the counter to pour myself some coffee. The steam rose up from my cup, tingling in my nose. Picking it up I leaned back on the counter next to the lota, clutching the cup closely to my chest. 

The searing heat seeped into my cold hands, numbing them. It felt good. 

Leaning in, I took a small sip, the liquid burned against my tongue. Stovall shot one of her infamous glares in my direction, still disgusted by the fact that I liked my coffee black. 

From the corner of my eye I could see something just underneath the collar of Stovall's over sized shirt. Turning to get a better look, I realized it was a hickey. Stovall didn't notice my stare, occupied with staring out of the window. 

"You making a statement there?" I raised my eyebrows and took another sip of my coffee, examining the mark. The edges of it were purple and bruised, as if she had been bitten. 

"What? No!" She shied away from my stare, pulling the collar of her shirt up to hide the mark. 

"Uh huh. Want to talk about that?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her, causing her face to turn a deep shade of red. Just then the front door opened, a few pack members trickling into the house.