Attempt #4: Greed

"Hey guys, wanna head over to that famous Chinese shop for some wonton noodles?" suggests Prem as they walk towards the train station four days after Arthit's third failed attempt in confessing to his oblivious junior, Kongpob

"Ohhh the one with amazing dumplings?" Toota nods his head eagerly. The other guys chime in agreement and turn to look at the head hazer when he remains silent. Usually, he'll be the first to spearhead lunch discussions.

"Arthit?" Knot places a hand on his shoulder. "You okay?"

The senior bites his lips and creases the space between his brows. His doe eyes drooping a little with sadness when he remembers what happened during his dinner date with Kongpob a few days ago.

"I don't wanna eat dumplings anymore," he pouts, childlike and his friends exchange glances with each other. It's so unlike Arthit act this way.

Damn dumplings for playing with my feelings, grumbles Arthit in his heart.

"What do you feel like having then?" Knot places a comforting arm over his shoulder. Trust Knot to always be able to read Arthit whenever his best friend's upset over something.

"I don't know." Arthit doesn't mean to sound like a whiny kid but at this moment, he couldn't care less. He has the right to be sulky because nothing has been going his way since last week, even his alarm has decided to just die on him this morning when he's supposed to wake up early to sit in for an important lecture out of all days. By now, he's certain that the entire universe has conspired to let him die a lonely, virgin man.

Why must he fall in love with such an annoyingly handsome junior who's completely oblivious to his love confessions? Has he been trying not hard enough?

Arthit exhales loudly and the gang looks at him worriedly. How uncharacteristic of their head hazer.

"What about... tom yum? Pad Thai? Basil pork rice? Pork skewers?" Knot lists out his options and frowns when Arthit shakes his head to each one. "Sushi? BBQ? Korean? Bingsu?"

The whole gang widens their eyes when Arthit continues to shake his head, looking dejected. Okay, this isn't normal.

"Pink milk?" tries Bright with a hopeful smile and he balks at Arthit's rejection on his favorite drink. "What? Not even pink milk?"