Chapter 6

*Riley POV*

A couple of days had past since I read the second letter. I spent most of that time in my bed, thinking. I knew I should get out of bed, but I just couldn't. The days blended together, I was in a state where I didn't register anything around me. I knew some things. I knew that there was always someone with me, that I was eating. I knew that I occasionally got out of bed to use the bathroom. Besides that, I was numb to everything else. My thoughts were the only thing I could focus on. I was drowning in them, they were suffocating. They were constant, never ending. The thoughts were the only thing I could hear.

I tried to sleep through most of my days. The only time I could escape the thoughts was when I slept. I knew I should get up, but I just couldn't force myself to get out of bed. The thoughts were heavy, weighing on my chest.

*Blaine POV*

I laid next to Riley on his bed. On the other side of him was Dakota, who was trying to fight off sleep. I knew he hadn't been getting much sleep, none of us had. Even though we hadn't known Riley long, we all felt a connection to him. Seeing him in such a state affected all of us. 

"Dakota, you can go to sleep, its okay," I whispered to him, reaching over and running my hand gently through his hair. He weakly nodded before finally closing his eyes, subconsciously moving closer to Riley. 

I turned my attention to Riley, he had been awake for about 20 minutes, but had just been staring at the ceiling. His eyes were slightly glazed over, you could tell he wasn't present mentally. My heart felt heavy, I didn't know what I could do to help him. I felt completely powerless. I would have done anything to take away some of his pain. I felt tears fill my eyes, but I quickly blinked them away, knowing that crying wouldn't get me anywhere. 

Exhaustion hit me like a brick, causing my eyes to flutter closed. As much as I wanted to stay awake, my body needed rest. I quickly drifted into a dreamless sleep. 

~~~~~~
I finally finished this chapter! I know it's been awhile, I've been trying to write a little every day. I know it's not the longest chapter, but hopefully its enough! Let me know what you thought of this chapter! Thanks for reading

I'm thinking of writing a special chapter for 3k reads as a thank you. Let me know if you'd like to see that.