the surface

The smell of fruits and spices filled my nose and I slowly made my way to the front door. Knocking twice, the door was opened and two electric eels stood there, blocking the path to inside the house. I smiled shyly and they said. "Oh look Simon, a new customer. Mom should be pleased." With that they both grabbed hold of my arms with their tails.

Maci Pov

 Once inside the door, I was surrounded by dark; the only thing leading me is the two eels. They slithered down the hallways, and we finally arrived at a door. Once the door opened, I was surrounded by purple smoke. I coughed and once the smoke cleared, I could see a dusty room; with a caldron in the center. The walls were covered in shelves, with ingredients on each shelve. The eels brought me next to a chair and made me kneel. I slowly knelt my head and heard an evil cackle from behind me. I shivered from the sound and cold hands were placed around my neck; and I was pushed against a wall. In front of me was the old witch doctor. He smelt like old socks and his scaly skin was old, rotting. I held in a shaky breath as I stared into his cold eyes.

 "What brings you here, daughter of King Larsson?" He slithered. I shook softly and cleared my throat. "I came out of curiosity, and I will leave if you please." I answered, keeping my voice as strong as I could. He snickered and looked me up and down. He let me go, and I started to walk to the door. "No, you came here for freedom. I can give that to you." I stopped in my tracks; freedom was what I truly wanted. I turned around slowly and looked back at the old man. "How did you know that?" I whispered. He walked towards me, circling me, and lifting my hair to smell it. "I know everything, about you my dear. You are my obsession. I can give you anything you want, but of course, there is a small condition." I looked at the man who held my freedom.

  "What condition?" He chuckled, and took my hand, bringing me over to the cauldron. "You have 6 days to find your true love up on the shore, if you find him; I will change him into a nymph. But if you run out of time, for him to love you back, than you give me the throne and you must marry my son. Make my son the king of the nymph's. Do we have a deal?" He explained. I thought to myself for a few seconds. This would piss my dad off, and I could find the thing I was missing in my life. I nodded and he brought out a piece of parchment. "Sign here, and before I turn you into a human. You must kiss me." I scowled but signed. He grabbed the back of my neck and brought his lips to mine; the slimy lips soon disappeared and I found myself on the shore of the beach above the sea.

 I could see the sun rising on the horizon, and I touched my lips, running my tongue along the bottom. I tasted salt and ocean. I breathed in the oxygen, that my new lungs choice to take. I looked down at my new legs, not one scale to be found. I then realized that I was naked, and I could hear barking in the distance. I swiftly ran into the shallow ocean and hid behind a rock.

 From around the corner, a big ball of fur came from around the corner. What was this thing? I asked myself.  Then after the fur ball, came the most handsome man, I had ever met. He had black shaggy hair, and a tall build. I smiled and my heart thumped loudly in my ears. Then I realized that I needed to get clothes. "Umm, hello?" I squeaked and turned red as his eyes found mine. "Oh, my lady. What happened to you?" He started towards me but I shook my head. "I don't have clothes, do you mind finding me some?" He smiled and took off his shirt and threw it to me. I caught in- between my hands and told him to turn around; which he did.  I got out, and put on the shirt; which went down to knees, thankfully. "You can, umm, turn around now." He turned around and gasped at me. He came up to me and picked me up bridal style. "We should get you into a bath, and get you some clothes. I'm Evan." I nodded and looked into his brown eyes. "I'm Maci."