kitten

Requested by raccoon_tail

Nines and Gavin were walking home after a long and tiring day. Gavin and Nines relationship has gotten better, to the point where Nines goes to stay at Gavin's instead of the police department. They looked both ways and quickly crossed the street, they just had to walk down the block and they'd be at Gavin's apartment.

"Detective," Nines said ,"look." Gavin looked down and there it was, a small brown and white kitten wandering around in the bushes. Gavin always had a soft spot for cats but he already sucks at caring for himself so he couldn't even think of taking any type of animal . Nines bent down.

"It looked like its hurt..." Nines said.

"Well wants wrong with it?" Gavin asked crouching beside Nines," arnt you supposed to be smart or something?" Nines LED spinned from red to blue analyzing the cat

"Its just sick, has a few scratches on it, but otherwise shes fine." Nines got back up and started to walk away.

"Hey!? Your just gonna leave her here??" Gavin said.

"I suppose we can take her," Nines said spinning around ," ill pick her up." Nines picked the poor cat up and they slowly walked home. They went up the elevator and Gavin unlocked his apartment door. Gavin was so exited, he loves cats he always has, but he wasn't going to let Nines see that. Nines sat the cat in the bathroom.

"Are you going to give her a bath?" Gavin asked. Nines nodded and Gavin scurried over.

"Hey uh- I'll help. I'll get a towel." Nines nodded again turing on the water to lukewarm. Gavin grabbed a towel from the linen closet and went back into the bathroom. Nines had his sleeves rolled up and was rubbing the dirt and grime off the cat. Gavin sat on the edge of the tub watching Nines. The kitten squirmed around and Nines quickly got all the dirt off of her.

"Where do you want to put her?" Nines asks hading the cat to Gavin for him to rap the kitten up. Gavin really wanted to sit down and pet the kitten, to cuddle and love it. But he couldn't show Nines that.

"Whatever you thinks best, I've never had animals before."

"Ill make her something to eat, than ill make a little bed for her." Nines said. He carried her out to the kitchen and found some canned tuna in the back of Gavin's cubbord. He scooped the tuna in a small bowl he sat it down and the cat quickly at it all. Nines grabbed some small blankets and put them together to make some type of bed. The kitten curlled up and fell asleep.

"Well detective its 9'oclock I recommend you go to bed." Nines sat om the couch,"ill go into rest mode as well."

"Ok, night Nines." Gavin went to his bedroom and went to bed.

Gavin woke up around 6 hours later. Not the best sleep but good enough. Gavin went into the living room and saw the kitten. Gavin looked at Nines, he was still "alseep". Gavin bent down and picked up the cat.

"Hello little one," Gavin said he smiled wide "aren't you cute." The cat purred and snuggled against Gavin's hand Gavin looked at the cats empty bowl.

"Ill get you some more food. I should have some more tuna." Gavin got into the cabinet and got the last can of tuna. He scrapped it into the cats bowl.

"I never knew you liked cats." Gavin turned around face red. It was Nines, he was awake.

"N-no I- I just was g-giving her food!" Gavin sat the can down and stood back up.

"So the cat needed pet as well?" Nines asked.

"Shut the he'll up prick!" Gavin shouted.

"Hey there's nothing wrong with it," Nines stood up and walked over to Gavin,"Just never took you for a cat person." Gavin blushed and turned away.

"Dont you dare tell anyone about this-"

"I wont Gavin." Nines said. Gavin exhaled and sat down next to the kitten.

"You know we can keep her.if you'd like?" Nines said. Gavin lit up.

"No I- I can't I can barely take care of myself, ill cant take care of her..."

" I can help" Nines said.

"You mean it?" Gavin said patting the cat. Nines nodded.

"Thanks tin-can."

"Your welcome meat-bag."