81

(A/N: anyone have an estimate on how long the boys have been here? I'd say it's been almost a year for these three. Kinda insane!)

-

Jimin POV

February.

"Come on boys. Let's call your parents, it's been a while" Counselor-nim called.

Call our parents? We haven't sat down and done that since staying here. I hadn't even thought of calling, despite missing them.

He walked out into the living room with his phone in hand. The three of us were sitting on the couch. I sat between Yoongi and Jungkook. Both were relaxed, but once Counselor-nim mentioned calling, they stiffened.

I miss my parents. I miss my brother. I don't even know how long I've been here honestly. Long enough that I'd consider this place home, I suppose.

"I've truthfully never had a client this long, let alone 3.." he trailed off again.

To be fair, Jungkook's home life is really toxic. I'm glad he's here instead of there. It's safe for him here. He's received love while here. Even Counselor-nim has taken a liking to him. He buys him clothes and lets Jungkook play random phone games on his phone while he does paperwork.

Counselor-nim was not as much of a hardass as we thought he'd be. Sometimes I wonder if he even is homophobic. He so clearly knows Jungkook and I are together- then again, that's probably why we're still here.

I was the first to be handed the phone. I saw the contact that said "Park Jimin's mother" and the blue call button.

I looked at Yoongi and then at Jungkook before swallowing my spit. Pressing the icon and putting the phone on speaker.

The four of us were almost in a circle. Counselor Nim standing in front of me, the other two both sitting at both my sides. Huddled in to listen.

Then she picked up.

"Hello?" I heard her voice.

"M-mom" I choked out.

I felt nervous. No kid should feel nervous to speak to their parents.

"Oh! Jimin? How've you been, dear?" She asked softly.

That kind and nurturing tone seeped through the speaker. I felt warm inside. I missed this feeling.

"Momma... I'm sorry for being like I am" I whispered sadly.

I could hear her sigh on the line. That warmth slowly faded as my eyes glossed over. I sucked my bottom lip in and waited for her to reply.

There was shuffling and I swear I heard my brothers voice, but couldn't make out anything he was saying. All I heard was her hushing him.

"Dear- u haven't healed at all?" She was disappointed in me.

It was the same disappointed tone she gave me whenever I didn't win dance competitions.

"Sweetie-pie, please heal quickly so you can come back to me. Momma misses you. Heal so I can have my baby back" He said.

A tear fell down my cheek. I was quick to wipe it.

"But Mom, I-I cant. I'm just not straight... can't you still love me for me besides this? C-can you find it in you to respect me, even if you do not support me? I miss you too momma... accept me back in your home" I cried.

I heard her sniff and sigh. More shuffling around as well. She must've been pacing back and forth.

"I-I can't speak anymore Jimin. Please, call me again soon though" she said, almost coldly. "It was nice hearing you. I miss you, love" And she hung up.